PS2 online and mod chips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 online and mod chips.

Is there any problems with using mod chips such as messiah 2 on your ps2 and connecting your ps2 online? Can sony detect your mod chip and ban you from playing online? this is what happened on xbox live right?

My PS2 [pal] has the messiah 2 chip, and if needed it can be disabled, so that the console is just regular PAL, as if the chip was never fitted. This future proofs it. As for other chips, I've no idea...

Comment

how do you disable it?

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
        how do you disable it?
        You have to press eject, insert a disc, and press eject again. Then press and hold reset until machine enters standby. Press reset again until the blue light comes on. [hold the button for a few seconds after the blue light] The disc will then load. The messiah is then disabled until you turn the console off at the back...

Comment

Hi. I have a first edition PS2 from japan (10000?), modded to play imports and I am now tempted to go online with things like Socom and Midnight club II.

But what are my options?

Will the UK ethernet kit work on an old, modded PS2? Can I buy a japanese BB adapter and use that with a UK ISP?

Comment

I don't think the new BB adapter will work with the old 10000 series PS2. I had one once and the back is totally different and I'm not sure that the BB Adapter would fit.

You may need to use the Jap version instead. Although I dunno where you'd get one to fit the 10000 series I'm afraid. Dunno about the software either to be honest. Not sure what you can do as Sony is asking people to register their BBA kits online on central station.
            Not sure how you'd go about doing it with a Jap ver.

Comment

If im not mistaken there is a third party ps2 modem isnt there? It works using the usb and is external so maybe you can use that. So has anyone tried going on with the messiah 2 on? Well would be nice to play import games online maybe.

Comment

Working...
              X