Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to order UK games from online (with quick delivery)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to order UK games from online (with quick delivery)?

Sorry if this has been asked before but since I've just got a 360, the ?45-50 prices in stores almost make me faint, so I'm looking to save ?5/10 by getting games online. BUT... I don't want that to mean games released on Friday turn up the middle of the following week.

Are gameplay any good for release day delivery? I've ignored play as they don't seem too speedy when I buy DVDs from them. Jeesh it's been a while since I bought a UK game. TIA.

Gameplay all the way. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Good to hear. Thanks mate.

Comment

Don't bother with anyone else, Gameplay are the way to go.

Comment

I like Amazon, always speedy and good with prices.

Comment

Gameplay dispatch friday releases on wednesday.

Comment

Gameplay cheap as anybody and best of all you get the games a day early

Comment

Gameplay are owned by the GAME group, so expect to see some pricing similarities - there are cheaper places on the net such as play.com, simplygames.com, amazon.co.uk and sendit.com

The good (and perhaps bad) thing about play though is that they are idiots when it comes to posting. If an item is under ?20 they won't post it recorded delivery and most of their items show up in little more than a jiffy bag which isn't even padded well. When I recieved my oblivion strategy guide from them, it had a tear in the cover, so rather than send it back, I phoned them up a week later and told them I hadn't recieved it and that it must gotten lost. Since they hadn't sent it recorded delivery, they couldn't argue with me and simply refunded my credit card.

I'd be very surprised if they've actually learnt their lesson though...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
                  Gameplay dispatch friday releases on wednesday.
                  And sometimes Tuesday too. I had a huge grin on my face when Outrun 2006 arrived on a Wednesday

So yeah, another vote for the mighty Gameplay. Been using them for about 8 years and never had any problems.

Comment

I used to use Gameplay loads back in the day of the Dreamcast and they were really good. Used them last to get my Oblivion CE, and despite when ordering online requesting it sent in a box, they sent it in a crap jiffy bag instead!

Box took a little beating, but it's all fine and just wasn't worth the hassle sending back etc

Comment

Simplygames.com is worth a look as well.

Comment

I got oblivion collectors edition sent to me 4 days before general release from Sendit.com

First time i've used them so not sure if it was a one off or not but was definatly good service

Comment

Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
                          I got oblivion collectors edition sent to me 4 days before general release from Sendit.com

First time i've used them so not sure if it was a one off or not but was definatly good service
                          One off probably, I got mine almost a week after launch as did a lot of others.

Comment

Working...
                          X