Broken speakers - need advice :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken speakers - need advice :(

About a fortnight ago, rather tragically, my INCREDIBLY expensive set of 5.1 surround logitech Z-5500 speakers decided to mysteriously cease working. No idea what the matter is with them, they just won't turn on when I plug in the subwoofer and connect the speakers to it.

They are hooked up to a functioning plug socket, and the fuse in the power cord has been changed - not sure what else I could try to fix them myself.

Now I rang Logitech, who rather arrogantly told me to return it to where I bought them (amazon) who rather unfortunately have a 30 day returns policy and the set was bought back in late Jan/early feb.

Someone is going to have to take responsibilty for the return of the item and send a courier to pick them up - there is no chance in hell I'm shelling out to return them via royal mail or the like, the weight would most likely set me back upwards of ?100.

Anyone know what I could do with them?

amazon should have a 12 month guarantee though. 30 day return is just if you dont want them isnt it?

Comment

Will Logitech not take them back?
      I recall them having a good return policy when my friend had a similar problem a couple of years ago.
      Try harrassing them a bit more...
      If you have to send it back yourself, try using these guys: http://www.parcel2go.com/
      I've sent a couple of things with them myself, and they're very good.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
        amazon should have a 12 month guarantee though. 30 day return is just if you dont want them isnt it?
        If they do, I can't find any mention of it on the website, and it only goes on about the 30 day guarantee on the reciept/invoice.

Comment

Logitech are the ones that have to sort it, its called a manufacturers warranty for a reason.

Comment

Magnakai - Parcel2Go look pretty cool, but let me get this straight. Presumably they pick your package up, from your house right? Is it much more expensive than taking the package to the post office?

Comment

I used them to sell a couple of big items to people on the board - the Steel Batallion controller being the largest. For a tenner they picked it up from my house and delivered it using one of the big parcel services. I forget which one offhand, but anyway, I'd use them again.

Comment

Working...
              X