Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 for a mother - what games?

Ok, I know it's a crazy idea but here's the story:

My girlfriend and I are both playing videogames, and at pretty hardcore level I must say. So she got the idea of buying her mother a PS2, because she's all the time at the university, mother stays home, is bored to death, etc. It can't be a portable mind you, because of small screen, and the mother doesn't have very good eyes. Question to you all: what games would you consider buying for such a person. The mother is a Chinese, doesn't speak English, so nothing text heavy.

Thanks for the help!

That rules out any traditional chilled games like Harvest Moon, then.

How about some puzzle games?? Variants of Tetris, Bust a Move etc

Comment

Guitar hero!!

Comment

Has to be Katamari Damacy (or We Love Katamari), tbh. Shoe-in.

Comment

What about an Asian PS2? Then you could get Chinese games.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
            What about an Asian PS2? Then you could get Chinese games.
            Yeah, was thinking the same, and considering I'm in Hong Kong there shouldn't be any problem. Keep the games coming, thanks for Katamari Damacy, going to get that for sure.

Comment

Shadow of the Colossus?

Comment

Like cutmymilk said - Bust a move definitely. I've got an aunt who plays Beehive Bedlam on Sky all the time and she's as freshie as pakis come. Another aunt can beat me at Tetris. Granted I'd kick both their asses at streetfighter (and english) but still.

Puzzle games seem to be the way to go. Wouldn't Katamari be a bit tricky, what with the dual-analog business? Just a thought

Comment

Maybe she could go outside and work in a charity shop instead of playing games at home? I dunno

Comment

Is BUZZ out over there? So far I've played it with:

My girlfriend
                    A few friends
                    My Mom
                    My girlfriends parents
                    Her brothers
                    Her brothers friends
                    Her GRANDPARENTS
                    My cousin

It's one of the few games that EVERONE can play.

Originally posted by kernow
                    Maybe she could go outside and work in a charity shop instead of playing games at home? I dunno
                    When I was on New Deal I was sent to work in a charity shop for 6 months retail training. As I worked in the back room sorting stuff, I used to snag loads of bargains - SNES & MD games, CD's, Vinyl, Transformers toys... All for 'staff' prices, which was usually 50p to a quid in the donations box

May be going back there soon as well so I could pick up even more neat stuff. Especially as they now have this 'No electrical goods' policy
                    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 12-04-2006, 10:12.

Comment

Fantavision, effing marvellous game.

Comment

puyo pop

Comment

get her EYE TOY! everyone loves that!

Also get her MAhjong she will love you to bits for it trust me!

Comment

Maybe Taito Arcade Legends? My mum loves Bubble Bobble. She's also partial to Tetris (I think it's like crack for mums) and Pac-Man.

Also aren't there like a bajillion Mah-Jong games available in Eastern countries?

Comment

Judging by letters on Teletext, a lot of wrinklies (especially women) tend to enjoy RPG's. What about Kingdom Hearts or something at the less stat-heavy end of the role playing market (assuming they've been translated into Chinese)?!!

Oh, and Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move goes without saying - Left, Right, Fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X