Buying MS points for a Japanese Xbox Live account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying MS points for a Japanese Xbox Live account

I signed up for an extra Japanese Xbox Live account so I could grab any demo's and trailers that came out in Japan but not here. I've also seen a couple of gamerpictures and themes I'd quite like.

I was gonna add a credit card to the account but in the address section it asks for a prefecture, so I assume that it won't work with a non-Japanese credit card.

So I'm gonna have to pick up a voucher. Does anyone know if there are any problems using a voucher bought here to add MS points to a Japanese account? I assume that you could use a voucher from any country on any account, but I thought I'd check first just in case someone knows otherwise.

I Think if you check xbox.com, they say all points are region coded for that country apart from the 2100 points card which is region free apparrently.

Comment

Thanks for the info mate, saved me wasting my money on a UK voucher than I wouldn't have been able to use! 2100 points is way more than I'll need, so I'll probably just buy a smaller genuine Japanese voucher the next time I order a game from Play-Asia. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X