SF 3: Third Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF 3: Third Strike

Was this only released on the dreamcast? i've been looking for a copy for ages, but keep missing the odd expensive ebay copies.

Is there an arcade version?

Seems a shame to make such a good game (from what I can tell from reading other peoples impressions - I've never had the chance to play) and release it in such limited numbers.

Mate, www.videogameimports.com have new Japanese DC copies for ?24.99 - not too shabby I thought, for what is an excellent game.

Comment

Get hold of W (W as in Double) Impact aswell if you can!

2nd Impact is a better game than 3rd Strike (as I shockly discovered this weekend! )

The true Dudley and Ibuki are in 2nd Impact - they aint **** compared in 3rd Strike! All the SF3s are excellent - get them if you can, as certain characters are DA BOMB in certain versions but not the rest.

Comment

I got the JAP version of this a while ago. Awesome game and imho the best in the series so far!

In fact, I'm gonna go and play it now!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          Get hold of W (W as in Double) Impact aswell if you can!

2nd Impact is a better game than 3rd Strike (as I shockly discovered this weekend! )

The true Dudley and Ibuki are in 2nd Impact - they aint **** compared in 3rd Strike! All the SF3s are excellent - get them if you can, as certain characters are DA BOMB in certain versions but not the rest.
          I thought I was the only one who thought this , there's also more juggles to be had , 3rd stike is more balanced though.

Comment

Ennit - not sayin 3rd isnt boom - cos it's totally sick.

It's just that there are certain things that make the others truly sick aswell and shouldnt be missed! For example SF31st Sean is absolutely DISGUSTING! Just uppercut Hadou Burst takes about 50% >_< yrt in the rest of the series he has been weakened loads. 2nd Impact Imbuki can combinate her super throw in 1st and 2nd but not 3rd. 3rd Strike Alex is DA BOMB tho man!

Comment

I may have to go for the JAP version, but I was hopeing to get the domestic PAL release for 60Hz...

Ah well - 50Hz is better than 0Hz I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Footstool
                I may have to go for the JAP version, but I was hopeing to get the domestic PAL release for 60Hz...

Buy another DC - they are like...?10 now.

Comment

Seriously, I was in Gamestation at the weekend buying a Controller S, and was shocked that I could have walked out with a boxed Dreamcast for less.

A bootdisc and a VGA box (with a VGA box all games will run 60Hz, even if you don't get a bootdisc that will do that for you, and the picture is just stunning too) will set you back even less.

Comment

This is my first post so be gentle
                    Being a massive 2d fighting fan i can say Double impact is indeed a better fighter overall
                    Third Strike does have more characters but Double impact has a much better balance and looks significantly better, however both are eclipsed by the sublime Garou Mark of the wolves
                    More import 2d fighters to look for are the Stunning Vampire Chronicles and Last Blade 2(Vampire Chronicles wont display through a RGB cable)
                    The DC is a 2d fighting fans dream console and with KOF2002 just released has just got better.
                    Go forth and purchase a DC arcade stick and 2d fighting heaven is a certain outcome

"FIGHT"

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Footstool

Do you mean the JPN version boots at 50Hz on a PAL Dreamcast? If so, you need a DC-X which should be able to force 60Hz

I got bored of having to use a bootdisk and got a NTSC Dreamcast, but a suprising number of PAL games crash on an NTSC machine (not expecting 60Hz on boot). A PAL machine is the most compatible.

Hi fuzzybee, can't fault any of those fighting games. You missed out Street Fighter Zero 3 and Guilty Gear X though

... and Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2. ... and Super Street Fighter II X. The DC really is the 2D fighter's dream.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybee
                        This is my first post so be gentle
                        Being a massive 2d fighting fan i can say Double impact is indeed a better fighter overall
                        Third Strike does have more characters but Double impact has a much better balance and looks significantly better, however both are eclipsed by the sublime Garou Mark of the wolves
                        More import 2d fighters to look for are the Stunning Vampire Chronicles and Last Blade 2(Vampire Chronicles wont display through a RGB cable)
                        The DC is a 2d fighting fans dream console and with KOF2002 just released has just got better.
                        Go forth and purchase a DC arcade stick and 2d fighting heaven is a certain outcome

"FIGHT"
                        Man! Post more. We likes the enthusiasm around here.

Comment

And to answer one of your original questions, it was released in the arcade first, on Capcom's CD-based CPS3 board (which was only used for all three versions of SF3, War Zard, and two Jojo's 2D fighters).

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut

Hi fuzzybee, can't fault any of those fighting games. You missed out Street Fighter Zero 3 and Guilty Gear X though

... and Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2. ... and Super Street Fighter II X. The DC really is the 2D fighter's dream.
                            Thanks for the welcome guys feels like home already 8) i didn't forget any of the above as i have them all Capcom v's SNK and Capcom v's SNK 2 are also stunning, the only 2d fighter i don't have on the DC is Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure(any opinions anyone)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybee
                              Thanks for the welcome guys feels like home already 8) i didn't forget any of the above as i have them all Capcom v's SNK and Capcom v's SNK 2 are also stunning, the only 2d fighter i don't have on the DC is Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure(any opinions anyone)
                              I wasn't really suggesting that you'd forgotten them, just that there are a heck of a lot of 2D Dreamcast fighters

Jo Jo's is weird, it reminders me a little of Vampire Hunter. To get the most of it I think you'd have to see the anime its based on, there are a lot of jokes and references tied to that. The US version has had a lot of gore removed compared to the JPN version.

I know Saurian is a fan of the anime, but I don't know what he makes of the Dreamcast game.

Comment

Working...
                              X