Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with my wireless network and internet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me with my wireless network and internet.

Ok so heres what ive got, (ill skip the pc specs itself as its quite quick and theres nothing wrong with it so i know the pcs not the problem)

Wireless Router
    - BT Voyager 2110
    Wireless desktop addapter
    - Belkin 802.11g - 54 Mbps
    ISP
    - AOL, Silver subscription.

right now heres what happened. I pluged the wireless router in the phone socket (into the dsl filter) pluged the power in and set it up ready to roll. I then installed the wireless usb addapter softwarre and plugged the addapter in when prompted.
    I then switched the wireless router on and the wireless addapter promply picked it up and created a connection. And these where it all stopped for me.

-The wireless router came with no instilation software (which puzzled me slightly) however the usb addapter recognizes it.
    -AOL does not recognise the wireless router and wont connect through it (but my dsl voyager 105 is fine)
    -Other laptops (which work on other wireless netowrks) wont recognise the wireless network i created or the router)
    -the wireless does nto work via wire to my pc either.
    -my 360 or ds cant connect to the internet through the router either.

OK so any information or ideas would be appreciated (in my little world of consoles everthing works fine) but as soon as i try and fiddle of configure a pc it all turns to ****, so im out of ideas.

thanks in advance guys.

type 192.168.1.1 into your address bar, it should bring up your router's setup screen

Comment

thats the thing, i cant find the routers setup screen. There was no drivers with it and the computer itself cant see it, unless i look for it through the usb wireless addapter.

god dammit, i hate pc'sft:

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead
        thats the thing, i cant find the routers setup screen. There was no drivers with it and the computer itself cant see it, unless i look for it through the usb wireless addapter.

god dammit, i hate pc'sft:

Yeah, connect to it via the wireless adapter, then when it is connected, type that into the address bar in internet explorer. You don't need to be online or anything to do it. As long as the wireless router can find it

Comment

you will need to connect to your wireless router the first time using a RJ45 cable m8, theres no way you can connect wireless to it until youve set it up to use wireless (most dont by default for security) plug your pc directly into it and then type in the ip address and you should be able to turn on wireless and set a WEP etc and then disconnect and use your wireless dongle

Comment

ok ill try that, if it doesent work then its back to you guys. thanks for the help.

Comment

deinitely what oblivion says. The router could well be wireless restricted out of the box.

Connect-o with cable-o and go the IP address above. Bingo.

Also - get rid of AOL for gawd's sake.

Comment

Working...
              X