GC VGA to LE32R41BDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC VGA to LE32R41BDX

Ok guys your help would be very much appreciated on this, I today received a modified official digital cable to vga for my gamecube from gamechoiceclub. I wanted to get a high quality VGA display on my high-def T.V.

I am running the panasonic Q on my tv thru this cable and i cannot get any picture whatsoever, i havnt contacted the website yet as i thought it would be better to ask here first.

have i stupidly bought the wrong cable?

do i need to buy something else to use in conjuction with cable?

is the cable faulty?

please help!

Cube and Q cables are different mate,think that would be the problem.

Comment

do you reckon it will be worth digging my original jap gc out then?

Comment

Yep,give it a try mate,and that will rule out wheteher you have a faulty cable. Pretty sure they are diff cables for the 2 machines.

Actually sure they are now.

Comment

just tried the normal jap gc nick and nothing happened, when i press the menu button on my handset and scroll down to the setting where it says 'PC' it will not even highlight. I know it may be a faulty cable but i cant help but feel that im doing something wrong

Comment

Strange that. Would of thought that would of sorted it. Have you got an rgb cable to try on either machine,to make sure they are working?

Comment

Is there a vga option on the GC menu that you need to activate?

Comment

Also have you got the link to the cable,on gcc?

Comment

I had one of these a year or so ago & iirc the GC vga leads only work with games that support prog scan mode (480p). The main GC menu is only 480i so won't display in vga mode.

Try booting up a game that you know definitely supports prog scan mode (most do) & hold down the 'B' button on your controller whilst it's loading up. After 5-10 secs you should hopefully get an image on screen asking if you want to enable prog scan mode. Choose 'yes' & hopefully the game will display fine.

If you have no joy it's worth trying the lead on a pc vga monitor if you can as your tv might be the problem. I tried using an Xbox vga box with my Sammy lcd tv (the 23" version of yours) & it didn't like it at all but the box works fine with my vga monitor.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this cable dosen't work on LCD TV's. I was originally going to buy it, but after reading up on it, the component cable seemed to be a safer bet. Used that with the same TV as yours and in conjunction with a vdigi on my other vga only lcd.

Comment

Yeah I think the VGA cable takes sync and stuff from a bunch or crazy settings that most HDTVs might not recognise.

Are you holding down B when you boot up the game?

Comment

Sorry to interject, but a related question: Is it the case that the digital-to-VGA cables will not work with PAL GameCubes? I seem to remember hearing something along those lines a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi
                          Sorry to interject, but a related question: Is it the case that the digital-to-VGA cables will not work with PAL GameCubes? I seem to remember hearing something along those lines a while ago.
                          I think he said he's tried it on his Q and Jap GC.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi
                            They will work, you just need to be using a US or JPN game in it

Comment

thanks very much for all your help, havnt tried holding down the B button yet or looked at the gamecubes menu screen

will try asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X