Webspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webspace

Can anyone recommend a simple to use online webspace which I can use to upload files to/access wherever. Ideally, its going to be free, without a plethora of pop-ups etc. Doesnt have to be mad amounts of space, a good working amount would be nice though.

Set up an old pc as a server and create your own? Or use rapidshare.de or megaupload.com.

Or just send a file to a hotmail account?you could create one purely for storing files?

You ever go to uni, you get free webspace for life if you do, not much but enough for a few bits and bobs.

Also, whats your isp, i know that wanadoo for example has free webspace?

Hope that helps
    Last edited by bootmonster; 21-04-2006, 12:51.

Comment

www.i8.com give 50megs of webspace free and a nice short URL, but also the compulsory couple of ads.

Comment

I was looking for something similar a few months back. Never found anywhere decent enough (popups drive me mad) so I ended up buying some.

Comment

For just images you can use services like Flickr or Photobucket, but to be honest hosting is so cheap now that it's almost irrelevant. I pay $5/month for 500MB space, 20GB bandwidth, domain, email, PHP, databases, etc, and I'm sure there are even cheaper ones around now.

Comment

If you have decent upstream bandwidth and the site is small, then sure just host it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
              to be honest hosting is so cheap now that it's almost irrelevant. I pay $5/month for 500MB space, 20GB bandwidth, domain, email, PHP, databases, etc, and I'm sure there are even cheaper ones around now.
              Tell us where, sunshine.

Comment

So that works out about ?36 a year.

ukhost4u.com give a free .co.uk address, 1gb space and 50gb bandwidth a month etc etc for ?40 a year, so, much better value. And they are very reliable btw.

Reliable and affordable web hosting services in the UK. Explore our range of cheap web hosting plans designed to meet your online needs.
                Last edited by VR46; 23-04-2006, 17:00.

Comment

Sweet.
                  As long as it can do php then that's cool, I'm sorely tempted.

Comment

just use your google mail account and the excellent gspace extension for firefox if it's literally remote storage you want.

Other than that, if you want cheap, I've been using web-mania.com for years now with no problems.

?20/year: 500MB space, 12GB traffic/month, MySQL, PHP, Perl, unlimited subdomains, unlimited pop3 accounts, phpmyadmin etc. I have several site hosted through them, and the 24 online live support is really pretty useful too.

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                      just use your google mail account and the excellent gspace extension for firefox if it's literally remote storage you want.
                      just tried it out, great little application, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X