Recommend a component switcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a component switcher

I'm looking for a decent component switcher to replace this which I find it "ok" but leave ghosting that I notice on my HDTV in higher resolutions.

I checked over at AV forums but I find the place bewildering. Can anyone suggest something that I could buy? I don't mind if it's expensive just nothing crazy.

The Farmer box didn't work for me either,so i went for the Audio Authority 1154a.

Think it's about ?150 odd here but i got one sent to my hotel on my last US business trip,and it came in at ?90.

The Farmer is now into one of its sockets with PS2 and GC into it and it works fine,so i guess it just needs amplifying.

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

Comment

wow that 1154a is nice , can you pick it up in the UK

Comment

just had a look theres a few on ebay , gonna have to pick one of these up , i love the way it has a coax/optical switcher built in too

Comment

Whats the damage on ebay?

Comment

about ?130 with shipping from the states

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                I'm looking for a decent component switcher to replace this which I find it "ok" but leave ghosting that I notice on my HDTV in higher resolutions.
                I have that exact Farmer one but never had any problems with it, although saying that I don't use it anymore.

I have a 7.1 AV Reciever that has Component, Coax and Optical inputs which can be manually assigned. Now the reciever acts as a switching box for all needed inputs at the push of a button and it's all in one handy box.

I would really recommend this for anyone who was considering getting a new AV Reciever but was planning on using a switching box.

Mind you I don't really use more than one component input these days as my Xbox running XBMC is the only component device I use. My 360 is connected via VGA and my PS2 uses RGB Scart as the component from my PS2 looks ****e. I haven't used my Cube in a while, and I won't until Zelda:TP comes out.

Comment

I have a pioneer receiver that does the same. 3 inputs, 1 output. Currently have my gamecube, xbox and pioneer dvd player hooked up to it via component.

Comment

Originally posted by 3x3cut10n3r
                    and my PS2 uses RGB Scart as the component from my PS2 looks ****e. .
                    strange my ps2 via component looks amazing , i use a vsx1015 pioneer amp as a component switcher with a THOR Component output lead , a TH42PWD7 Panasoinc plasma screen and i use a ixos PS2 Component lead

looks better than xbox in 480P and cube i rekon

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                      The Farmer box didn't work for me either,so i went for the Audio Authority 1154a.

Think it's about ?150 odd here but i got one sent to my hotel on my last US business trip,and it came in at ?90.

The Farmer is now into one of its sockets with PS2 and GC into it and it works fine,so i guess it just needs amplifying.
                      Been looking at that component switcher myself but I have a query over it's optical audio input/output.

Can anyone who is currently using one tell me of which variety the sockets for optical audio input/output are? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...35921&criteria= The plugs on the cable are the ones I'd like, they are squareish in appearence and are standard on the back of PS2 and Xbox 360. Whereas the apapters above the cable are the ones I'd dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by burntoutbanger
                        Been looking at that component switcher myself but I have a query over it's optical audio input/output.

Can anyone who is currently using one tell me of which variety the sockets for optical audio input/output are? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...35921&criteria= The plugs on the cable are the ones I'd like, they are squareish in appearence and are standard on the back of PS2 and Xbox 360. Whereas the apapters above the cable are the ones I'd dislike.
                        they'll be the ones you like then (square ones).

Comment

Ta very much.

Comment

Working...
                          X