Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone signed up to TalkTalk's free Broadband offer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone signed up to TalkTalk's free Broadband offer ?

All sounds very very good, I've got 1mb NTL line (and NTL phone line) at moment so works out lot cheaper over 12 months, only couple of downsides I see are 40gb monthly limit (down and up both count towards total) and minimum contract is 18 months.

Link
    Uh oh - it looks like the page you were looking for isn’t available. Not to worry though, we'll get you back on track.

Down and up is going to make torrenting a bitch. It's going to be nearer 30GB (which over a month runs out more quickly than you'd expect) - I'm with Zen at the moment, currently on an unlimited 2mb line with the option to upgrade for free to 8mb at any time with a 50GB cap (on the current price level).

The Talk Talk plan should hopefully bring more people on to Broadband though and hopefully help speed up the demand for modification of the UK's telephone/cable infrastructure that needs to be advanced.

Personally, I'm wary of low-cost high speed offers. Both UKOnline and Wanadoo were both terrible in the customer service department.

Comment

Just noticed the lack of a phone number on the website, doesn't install confidence ..

Comment

Hmmm, I have been considering getting two net connections as I share a house and we have a load of traffic, worth considering.

Comment

looked into this further, we need to get our BT line reconnected (free and we can keep the same number) and have a BT line for three months before we can switch to TalkTalk, so ?11 a month for three months (running alongside NTL stuff as can't be without Broadband), then a switching to TalkTalk we go.

Comment

The contention ratio on the lines should be a laugh.

Probably 50:1.

Then try getting thru to them when it goes pop. 0900 - ahoy.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
              The contention ratio on the lines should be a laugh.

Probably 50:1.

Then try getting thru to them when it goes pop. 0900 - ahoy.
              The do where with the what now?
              I switched over as i was with One-Tel which was swallowed up by Talk Talk. It all seems like a good deal, however i forgot to check that this new Talk Talk service supports XBox live. I imagine it does, but does anyone know for sure??
              Thanks 8)

Comment

Last week we got a call from NTL, begging us to come back basically, same package as we had before but ?12 a month cheaper and BB upgraded from 1mb to 4mb free of charge. All agreed for 12 months, and guy is coming to install it tomorrow.

So we never got as far as signing up with TalkTalk as they told me you can't even register with them until you've had your BT line three months (before then it still shows a cable phone line).

Comment

anyone know if Talktalk throttle limewire or bittorrent? Im with pipex at the mo, they throttle limewire but with encryption bittorrent runs fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X