Xbox / Xbox 360 Hd Vga Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox / Xbox 360 Hd Vga Query

Hi, I Was Wondering If anyone Could Shed Some Light On A Little Query I Have

Basicaly I Have A BenQ PB2250 Projector To Which I Connect My Xbox / Xbox 360 / PS2 Upto

At The Moment I Use A HDTV VGA Cable For MY 360 And A HD Component To VGA Converter For MY XBOX So I Can Use It At 480p

Now, As My Projector Only Has 1 VGA Input, As You Can Imagine Its A Bit Of A Pain Swapping The VGA Connectors In And Out If I Want To Use Either Console ETC

I Was Considering The Idea Of A 4-Port VGA Switch Box To Save All The Hassle But What I Really Want To Know Is...

Can I Use This ? And Will A "Standard" One Work, Will It Still Allow Me TO Use My XBOX at 480p Etc... Do I Need Any Diff Cables ? Or Will Normal VGA From The 4-port Box To Pro work Fine ?
    I Appreciate I Will Lose A Small Amount Of Quality As Going Through A Box Isnt The Same As A Direct Connection...

btw this is the Componenet To VGA Box I'm Using...

Many Thanks!!

$c8t@
    Last edited by $c8t@; 26-04-2006, 12:24.

THats a VGA output box by the looks of it so it wont work

Why not just hook up your 360 to component and the old xbox to vga and thats that

Comment

That is a transcoder and it will work fine for both consoles.

The problem of course is now you have to swap component cables over rather than VGA, so are you saving yourself any trouble?

Comment

Thanks For The Input (No Pun Intended :P)

I Cant Do XBOX 360 as Component And XBOX As VGA Cos MY Projector Only Has VGA Input, NO Component

Basically I Have:

Xbox 360 - HDTV VGA Cable = VGA Output
        Xbox - HD AV Component BOX -> Component 2 VGA Converter = VGA Output
        PC - VGA Output
        PS2 Component - Component Output

I Just Thought It Best To Only Have To Swap component Cables Between Xbox & Ps2 Into that Converter Than 4 Different (3 in theory cos xbox/ps2 use same) VGA Inputs Into projector. Obviously Its Not Ideal "swapping" About All The Time... I'd Much Rather Knacker A ?30 Converter Through "over Exessive Cable Swapping" than the VGA Input On My Pro... PS2 Is The Least Used Anyway

As Long As It Works that'll Do Me Fine

Cheers

$c8t@
        Last edited by $c8t@; 26-04-2006, 14:03.

Comment

Working...
        X