Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox - PC Monitor

Hi.
    Never used moniter for gaming other than PC games before so wondering how I am gonna do this?
    Want to hook up my Xbox to play on my PC moniter, and be able to swap between pc and xbox.

What do I need? Got a okish moniter.

thanks

The Vdigi Z3 is a component to vga adaptor and provides excellent PQ and VGA passthrough for PC. Comes with an Xbox component cable but will work with any component signal from DVD, PS2, GC etc. Mine worked out at ?40 delivered last year.

Comment

Just to add to the above post, I have a VD-Z3 and it's a cracking device. Will convert any 480p/720p/1080i (note, not 480i/576i) Component input to VGA. Supports anything Component, but comes with an XBox Component cable. PQ is pretty much the same as Component would look, a recommended device!

Do note that this only accepts Progressive input, so if you have a PAL XBox, it must be modded in some way, and you must then use a program called the 'Enigmah Videomode Switcher' to patch your machines EEPROM to NTSC. This will unlock the Prog. Scan/HD modes.
      This will be required of any similar 'transcoder' device too.

Comment

Well my Xbox is PAL and unmodded so I'd be looking for one that doesnt require it modded if possible

Comment

You could possibly use something like this if you're desperate:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...ga-70-2cs.html

However, the picture quality is likely to be pretty poor tbh and you'd probably be as well sticking to using a tv.

If you want to get decent results your best bet is to fit a mod chip (or do a soft mod) so you can enable ntsc/ prog scan modes & use something like the VD-Z3 box as the guys suggest.
          Last edited by tom-nook; 30-04-2006, 16:28.

Comment

Hori Upscan Converter 2 will do what you need and comes with adaptors to take component from the PS2 and Xbox. It doesn't support progressive scan games though.

Comment

Working...
            X