Jpn Dreamcast RGB Lead/VMU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jpn Dreamcast RGB Lead/VMU question

Will a UK DC RGB lead work on a Jpn DC? & the same question for a UK VMU?

Cheers peeps

Originally posted by charlie angel

Cheers peeps
    They sure will matey, the only thing to watch is some games won't display through a RGB lead ft:
    Jap Vampire Chronicles,ilbleed & US Skies of Arcadia,SFA3 spring to mind, i know there are a few more but i can't remember

Comment

Outtrigger & Gigawing

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybee

Cheers peeps
        They sure will matey, the only thing to watch is some games won't display through a RGB lead ft:
        Jap Vampire Chronicles,ilbleed & US Skies of Arcadia,SFA3 spring to mind, i know there are a few more but i can't remember
        Why Capcom removed RGB support for Vampire Chronicle is beyond me. The Vampire games always have such vibrant, colourful character sprites and backgrounds and to see them reduced in quality by having to use S-Video is saddening.

Comment

I was going to put together a list of Non RGB compliant DC games on a forthcoming website im creating.

Could be usefull.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Cheers peeps
            Why Capcom removed RGB support for Vampire Chronicle is beyond me. The Vampire games always have such vibrant, colourful character sprites and backgrounds and to see them reduced in quality by having to use S-Video is saddening.
            Very saddening my friend, Vampire Chronicles is my favourite DC 2d fighter at the moment but having to keep switching cables is a bloody pain ft:
            The sad thing is the DC outputs a stunning RGB signal and having to playing some games via s-video is a real shame.
            Especially with Vampire Chronicles as it has lots of reds and the cross-hatching just seems to jump out and bite me(in the neck )

Comment

Still Vampire Chronicles can run through VGA and SFZ3 Matching Version works via RGB too.

Comment

Cheers for the replies fellas

Comment

On the same topic, does Super Street Fighter II X For Matching Service have RGB support?

Comment

Originally posted by Abhisara
                    On the same topic, does Super Street Fighter II X For Matching Service have RGB support?
                    It sure does mate i've just been playing the Japanese version, mighty fine it is to(i love the opening sequence)

Comment

Originally posted by Abhisara
                      It sure does mate i've just been playing the Japanese version, mighty fine it is to(i love the opening sequence)
                      That's interesting because my SSF2XFMS doesn't support RGB. I get the same problem as Vampire with the top left corner of the screen being enlarged to fill the screen.

however, some people have told me that 3rd Strike doesn't support RGB yet my JPN version works fine via RGB (and looks mighty fine). I'm wondering if Capcom reprinted the non-RGB games with RGB support enabled. It may explain why a batchload of Vampire Chronicles and Super Street Fighter 2 Xs came onto themarket a few months ago.

Comment

MMMMmmm interesting my Japanese version of Third Strike also supports RGB although i always play my Pal Version(my jap DC is chipped)
                        I would be interested to know if the re-release of Vampire Chronicles does indeed support RGB(can anyone shed any light on this?)

Comment

Cheers for the info . I've been hearing conflicting reports about SSF2X and RGB. In any case, I'll definitely have to pick this up sometime.

Comment

Same **** here.

Games that don't work via RGB...

Vampire Chronicle
                            Street Fighter Zero 3
                            Super Street Fighter II X
                            Gigawing

I'd love a copy of an RGB complient Super, I'm still buying a supergun for it this weekend however. 8) The DC version has weird resolution and strange hit detection during some combos. Feels emulated.

I don't really know about Vampire, I know the res is ****ed but I never really got chance to play any of the Vampire games in the arcade. I can tell you for a fact that the Saturn versions stomp all over the DC incarnation at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                              I'd love a copy of an RGB complient Super, I'm still buying a supergun for it this weekend however. 8) The DC version has weird resolution and strange hit detection during some combos. Feels emulated.
                              Surely if it was emulated it would be perfect?

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                              I don't really know about Vampire, I know the res is ****ed but I never really got chance to play any of the Vampire games in the arcade. I can tell you for a fact that the Saturn versions stomp all over the DC incarnation at least.
                              I've heard this a few times but don't quite understand it. How is the resolution '****ed'. I would have thought both the Saturn and DC versions would run at the same resolution. Why/how was it changed?

Comment

Working...
                              X