Dial 999.....I've murdered my XBOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial 999.....I've murdered my XBOX

So I was installing some switches in my Xecuter2 modded Xbox in preparation for Xbox Live. didn't go too bad, until the little d0 wire came loose. Upon trying to resolder it I seem to have killed the bugger. When I try to switch it on it boots 3 times then the led flashes orange/red. I'm pretty sure there's no solder splash left (there was before but I've gone over the mobo with a magnifying glass). Can't see any broken traces either. Is it cooked?

Also are there any peeps in the London area that either supply replacement mobo's or that can take a look at/repair mine and if so how much?

contact saurian on here, hes in london and i'm sure he have a look at it

Comment

Yep, happened to me when I chipped mine. You probably haven't soldered one of the things properly. On mine, it was because the wire was completely soldered down. If you re-solder the connections you think might be to blame, chances are you'll get it to work again. Am I right in thinking that when you turn the Xbox on, the HDD starts spinning (usual boot-up sounds) then it just cuts out. Does that 3 times, yes? Well that's what happened to me....

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
        Am I right in thinking that when you turn the Xbox on, the HDD starts spinning (usual boot-up sounds) then it just cuts out. Does that 3 times, yes? Well that's what happened to me....

Hope it helps
        Yeah that's what happens. I'm just giving it a final going over and quadruple checking everything and if I cant sort it i'll be handing over to a higher power than myself.

Comment

Try giving the d0 vias a good scrub with a fibre-glass pen, then clean it up with a flux pen and try putting a dab of solder directly on the point. (With the flux you shouldn't need to heat the board for too long to get it to bond)

Then, tin the wire and tape it down right next to the d0 point. Tap it with the soldering iron and all should be cool.

Comment

Just a thought, but is the AV cable plugged in properly only if it's not the LEDs flash as well.

Comment

That does happen Hitcher, but what he's talking about is the system booting up and stopping 3 times before going into the flashing red and green led.

This has happened at least once to every one that has modded a few xboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurrabred
                So I was installing some switches in my Xecuter2 modded Xbox in preparation for Xbox Live. didn't go too bad, until the little d0 wire came loose. Upon trying to resolder it I seem to have killed the bugger. When I try to switch it on it boots 3 times then the led flashes orange/red. I'm pretty sure there's no solder splash left (there was before but I've gone over the mobo with a magnifying glass). Can't see any broken traces either. Is it cooked?

Also are there any peeps in the London area that either supply replacement mobo's or that can take a look at/repair mine and if so how much?
                There's an alternative way to wire d0 using a completely different point. Bit of a mission to do it - although once you've done it, it's a lot tougher than the conventional d0 point. I'm in central london - visit my website www.londonconsole.com for contact details, and I'll be able to get it all going for you again

Will.

Comment

Originally posted by will2003
                  There's an alternative way to wire d0 using a completely different point. Bit of a mission to do it - although once you've done it, it's a lot tougher than the conventional d0 point.
                  You mean the point underneath the board? I connected it that way yesterday and it's nice and solid. For a VERY short while after that I was getting the 3 boot then red/green flash with the modchip switched on, but then it went back to orange/red flashing no matter what.

Getting some continuity signals with a multimeter that I'm not sure I should be getting....my final go with it I think tonight and then I'll leave it up to Will.

Comment

Working...
                  X