Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Manager 2006 * Xbox 360 *

Hi

I thought i had a good tactic (but i was wrong) this is the first time i have played FM (never had it on the PC)

Been playing it for a week (all my spare time goes on it) and i cant seem to win or draw at the min, let alone play well

but does any of you guys have a good tactic, training etc or tips you could help me out with???

i really need some help please...

thanks

What team are you managing? Bought in any new players?

I have a question about the game for you, actually. How is the 360 version? I recently bought the PC/Mac version because it's ?17.99 on Play but I just can't imagine it working as well on a controller except in a cut-down form, a la the PSP one.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
      What team are you managing? Bought in any new players?

I have a question about the game for you, actually. How is the 360 version? I recently bought the PC/Mac version because it's ?17.99 on Play but I just can't imagine it working as well on a controller except in a cut-down form, a la the PSP one.
      Hi mate

The pc/mac version is better to have so i have been told - much easy to control then the xbox, but for me as my pc wont run FM, the xbox version is great..

But IMHO i would like the Pc/mac version more than the xbox version - if i had the choice...

the teams i am are: Liverpool, Arsenal, England & Weymouth

and yep i have bought in players (apart from weymouth - no money too)

Do you have any advice for me?

thanks

Comment

Erm... Like Any Game Of Football... It Depends Who Ya Playing ?? Ya Dont Play 4-2-4 Against Man Utd For Example :huh:

My General Rule Is

Mentality Attacking / Short Passing / Hard tackling / Zonal Marking / Closing Down / Mixed Passing / Play Maker As (AMC) <- Give Him Long Shots & Free Role

Again It All Depends... If Ya Getting Stuffed 5-0, Its Not Working!! (NSS)

Keep An Eye On The Condition Of Your Players... Don't Be Afraid To Use Ya Subs... Robbed Many A Game By Having A Couple Of Fresh LEgs On The field Even If They Arent Exactly "First-Team" Players

Also Keep An Eye On Stats Etc... Don't Be Playing Long Ball Etc If Your Heading %'age Is Like 40 Etc...

Try Not To Mess Around With Training Too Much... Leave It To The Back Room Staff... Theres A Lot Of "Hidden" Attributes On The Football Manager Games... You Can Have The Team Doing Shooting Practice All Day Everyday....If The Players "potential" Attrib Etc Is Low... You Aint Ever Gonna Get A Star Striker... No Matter What... As The Saying Goes... Ya Can't Polish A Turd

Only Other Thing To Mention For "Consistancy & MOTM Performances Etc" & Obviously... A WIN!... always look for players That Have A High Work Rate & Teamwork Score... They Dont Have To Have 20 For Everything... this Should Get You Team "Playing Well" - thing To Remeber On FM IS 20/20 does Not Mean "perfect" By Any Means... Just Cos A Striker Has 20/20 For Finishing Doesnt Mean He'll Get 25 Goals A Season... He Might Be A Lazy, Non-Team Player Who Only Has A Shoot When He's 6 Yard Out And Its Been Rolled At His Feet - Ya Much Better Off With A Alan shearer / Mark Viduka (sorry For Examples But It Makes Mi point, that Have 15/16 For Finishing But High work Rate)

As For Defending... Playing The "Better Teams" Consider A Couple Of DMC In Centre Of Midfield... And Use Them To "Mark" The Strikers... "Rooney & Ruud Van Horseface" For Example... Should Keep Them Nice And Quiet... Obviously For That Type Of Match,,, Put Counter Attack On, And Long Ball / Direct Passing.... Go For An AMC/FC/ST With High Heading/Strength Attrib(Again "Shearer" Type Player Who Can Hold The Ball Up) And A Pccy Striker Who Could Hit Them On The Break...

Hope This Helps A little... You Could Go On For Hours On "Hints & Tips" & "Winning Tactics" But Every Game Is Different... Thats The Whole Idea...

Ps Ya Supposed o Earn The Right To Manage England lol! Also... Try Using Just 1 Team... I Struggle To Even Keep Track Of 1 Properly... Never Mind 4!

$c8t@
        Last edited by $c8t@; 04-05-2006, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by $c8t@
          Erm... Like Any Game Of Football... It Depends Who Ya Playing ?? Ya Dont Play 4-2-4 Against Man Utd For Example :huh:

My General Rule Is

Mentality Attacking / Short Passing / Hard tackling / Zonal Marking / Closing Down / Mixed Passing / Play Maker As (AMC) <- Give Him Long Shots & Free Role

Again It All Depends... If Ya Getting Stuffed 5-0, Its Not Working!! (NSS)

Keep An Eye On The Condition Of Your Players... Don't Be Afraid To Use Ya Subs... Robbed Many A Game By Having A Couple Of Fresh LEgs On The field Even If They Arent Exactly "First-Team" Players

Also Keep An Eye On Stats Etc... Don't Be Playing Long Ball Etc If Your Heading %'age Is Like 40 Etc...

Try Not To Mess Around With Training Too Much... Leave It To The Back Room Staff... Theres A Lot Of "Hidden" Attributes On The Football Manager Games... You Can Have The Team Doing Shooting Practice All Day Everyday....If The Players "potential" Attrib Etc Is Low... You Aint Ever Gonna Get A Star Striker... No Matter What... As The Saying Goes... Ya Can't Polish A Turd

Only Other Thing To Mention For "Consistancy & MOTM Performances Etc" & Obviously... A WIN!... always look for players That Have A High Work Rate & Teamwork Score... They Dont Have To Have 20 For Everything... this Should Get You Team "Playing Well" - thing To Remeber On FM IS 20/20 does Not Mean "perfect" By Any Means... Just Cos A Striker Has 20/20 For Finishing Doesnt Mean He'll Get 25 Goals A Season... He Might Be A Lazy, Non-Team Player Who Only Has A Shoot When He's 6 Yard Out And Its Been Rolled At His Feet - Ya Much Better Off With A Alan shearer / Mark Viduka (sorry For Examples But It Makes Mi point, that Have 15/16 For Finishing But High work Rate)

As For Defending... Playing The "Better Teams" Consider A Couple Of DMC In Centre Of Midfield... And Use Them To "Mark" The Strikers... "Rooney & Ruud Van Horseface" For Example... Should Keep Them Nice And Quiet... Obviously For That Type Of Match,,, Put Counter Attack On, And Long Ball / Direct Passing.... Go For An AMC/FC/ST With High Heading/Strength Attrib(Again "Shearer" Type Player Who Can Hold The Ball Up) And A Pccy Striker Who Could Hit Them On The Break...

Hope This Helps A little... You Could Go On For Hours On "Hints & Tips" & "Winning Tactics" But Every Game Is Different... Thats The Whole Idea...

Ps Ya Supposed o Earn The Right To Manage England lol! Also... Try Using Just 1 Team... I Struggle To Even Keep Track Of 1 Properly... Never Mind 4!

$c8t@
          thanks for the adivce & tips mate - really appreciate it

i will give it a try later...

As for the england thing - i was playing as chelsea and england sacked the manager - so i appiled and got the job

plus i was doing really well with that game untill my game save got corrupted.

so i have now lost my tactic which was working ok - thats why i have 4 games running - i trying new tactics out (but failing everytime at the min)

i have to sort a tatic out quick - as a couple of people wanna give me a game on xbox live - looking at there performence on the leaderboard - im gonna get stuffed.

thanks mate

Comment

I am a massive fan of a 4-4-1-1 formation with a quality attacking midfielder behind the striker. This way I could have a really good defensive midfielder to help out the defence. Make sure you have a decent captain and check that you have the right players going up for corners, taking free kicks etc.

Don't chop and change too much, a settled side always plays better.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
              I am a massive fan of a 4-4-1-1 formation with a quality attacking midfielder behind the striker. This way I could have a really good defensive midfielder to help out the defence. Make sure you have a decent captain and check that you have the right players going up for corners, taking free kicks etc.

Don't chop and change too much, a settled side always plays better.
              never tried 4-4-1-1, my main game at the min im playing with is arsenal,

Is henry a good captain - as im using him at the min?

i keeping mainly the same said apart from

Van persie, ljunburg, abeyor, daiby - all transfer listed

players i have bids in for are, Sivok, De jong, kompany, van der borre, marschrno, tevez, inquintia, sissko, van der vaat.

in need of a good GK aswell not sure on who yet.

(sorry abouth the spelling - and thanks for the tip

Comment

Age and influence are the key things for a good captain, a good first team established player is your best bet. I am not really in a posistion to advise on top players as I am usually Shefffield Wednesday or Rochdale when I play.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  Age and influence are the key things for a good captain, a good first team established player is your best bet. I am not really in a posistion to advise on top players as I am usually Shefffield Wednesday or Rochdale when I play.
                  thats fine mate - thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                  X