Xbox + DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox + DVD's

What DVD's can the Xbox read? Is it dependant on the drive? This has been bugging me, as some DVD's are failing to work.

I'm wondering if my drive is a bit finnicky about the state of the disc, as games that have only slight scratches wont work, yet others scratched quite heavily (Blockbuster ones) will work.

Any info?

other than writable media (which is hit and miss), the XBox should be able to read any DVD just fine. scratches and dirt won't help though.

If you have minty commercial disks that aren't working, there could be something wrong with the drive.

I have noticed consoles are more picky with scratches and dirt than standalone DVD players, so maybe that explains the Blockbuster problems.

Also a small scratch in just the wrong place can ruin a disk...

Comment

There are some films that will not ork on the Xbox. These include rental Bourne Identitiy and Red Dragon. Do a search on any Xbox forum for full details.

Comment

I have a Region 1 RCE disk that won't play on my Region 1 (US) Xbox. Apparently the Parental Levels are set too low, and I can't get passed it. A couple of films bring up the Parental Warning (such as Shrek and Monsters Inc, amusingly), but I can normally just hit 'Ok'. Not here.

The film in Nine Queens by the way.

Comment

Working...
        X