360 and PAL60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 and PAL60

I connect my 360 via component, using the 720p setting. Several demos I try complain that they dont support PAL50, so I cant play them. Were I to purchase the proper full game, would it also tell me the same? Theres got to be a way around this, without me ripping out the connections to my Xbox/Plasma. It tells me to goto display settings and select PAL60, but the option isnt there, presumeably because Im using HDTV connections..?

Yeah, you have to plug in the composite cable, then the option will show. Change it and it won't bother you again.

Comment

I guess a visit to the deepest depths of my loft is in order then, thanks fella.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
        I guess a visit to the deepest depths of my loft is in order then, thanks fella.

Is that to get out your old TV? or to get out you component cable (the composite and component cables are mixed into one) cuz your using VGA?

cuz you can connect the component/composite cable to you TV using a scart head adaptor.

Comment

I bought Top Spin 2 today, thinking Id have the composite lead in the box in my loft, and (naturally) when I actually looked theres no composite lead in the box. I got the Premium pack, and it came with the HDTV lead which is what I use, is there meant to be a composite lead in there also?

Edit - Thanks kevvy metal, you are right, the comp connection is already on that HDTV lead, didnt notice it as Ive never needed it till now

So I guess Im sorted then

Comment

My GOD composite is so bad - do people actually use this??? Its like stepping back into 1992

Comment

I had this problem last night when trying the Top Spin 2 demo. Basically you need to switch the cable to non-HDTV, then the Pal settings appear in the Console Settings -> Display menu. You then set it to Pal 60 and can now flick the switch on the cable back to HDTV.

Comment

Working...
              X