usa xbox360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usa xbox360

anyone know where i can get a usa xbox 360?

or if i can buy in usa and take it here?

Comment

i'd imagine www.videogamesplus.ca would sell you one, you'd need a stepdown convertor though (or a new PSU for the 360) This should really be in the "ask the forum" forum though yo

Comment

wont i get hit with tax?!!!!! i have a 200w stepdown for current xbox, is that good enough?

shall i wait for usa or order from there

Comment

You're likely to get hit by tax but VG+ will probably mark the value down a bit if you ask them nicely.

A 200w step-down is no good as the minimum for a 360 is 300w. A few peeps here have had problems with 300w step-downs though & ended up having to use a 500w step-down instead.

If you buy when you are in the US then you'll save on shipping (courier = expensive) as you can bring it back in your luggage. You can also test it whilst you are over in case of any probs. You may still get hit for tax if you decide to be honest & declare it when coming back through customs though.
          Last edited by tom-nook; 11-05-2006, 22:21.

Comment

I bought my PSP from VG+ and didnt get hit by taxes...........

However! I think its a game of roulette with them! You could always take a chance, and then cry if you do get bummed by customs

Comment

It can depend on which method of shipping you use aswell.

There are quite a few horror stories regarding people importing them and them going wrong, I don't think there is any good reason to import a US console nowadays

Comment

You could buy a PAL version as there are hardly any benefits for owning a USA 360 apart from playing american sports gamer earlier. ie MLB 2K6

Comment

well thats y i want usa xbox for, american sports games

Comment

Be careful though, I bought a US 360 from VG+ and unfortunatly it was defective. So I had to send it back and while they were very helpful and will refund the cost of the machine, the shipping costs are for me. If you really want it though try asking them to check if it works before shipping it out to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                      You could buy a PAL version as there are hardly any benefits for owning a USA 360 apart from playing american sports gamer earlier. ie MLB 2K6
                      It's not just a case of getting US sports games earlier as the majority (NCAA Football, College Hoops, MVP Baseball, MLB2k6 etc.) won't even get a PAL release. The EA & 2K sports titles released so far aren't region-free either.

A US machine is pretty much essential if you're a big US sports fan.
                      Last edited by tom-nook; 16-05-2006, 19:15.

Comment

Working...
                      X