Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note to persons running illegal copies of Windows XP

Not that anyone here would be of course so just for information purposes

You might want to turn off automatic updates, or you system will fail next week. Not that i support piracy at all, i just figure i would warn you of the new update that makes your system unbootable after a week..

Check the second page for screenshots.

Sounds like fun, if true that is. Last week i did keep getting flagged with this version of Windows is not genuine etc, never had those before and have been running this copy for years now. An operating system is about the only thing i won't pay for, the pricing is so anal it's unbelievable.

Comment

Be sure not to install that nasty 'Windows Genuine Advantage Update' and you'll be fine.

Comment

My XP is official, however i still never bothered with the update. Didn't seem important for me.

Originally posted by From that website
        The fun part will be when store-made custom PCs with pirated copies of Windows (very common) start shutting down.
        Very true comment

Comment

Originally posted by from that website"
          The fun part will be when store-made custom PCs with pirated copies of Windows (very common) start shutting down.
          Indeed, I used to work for a company that made PCs and the blokes in production would use the same copies of Windows over and over, rather than go through the hassle of unsealing a new OEM kit each time

Comment

i dont bother with updates and i never have any trouble as i made a custom xp install disc with nlite and its been rock solid for months so far

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
              Sounds like fun, if true that is. Last week i did keep getting flagged with this version of Windows is not genuine etc, never had those before and have been running this copy for years now. An operating system is about the only thing i won't pay for, the pricing is so anal it's unbelievable.
              I think you just gave the reason why it is so expensive.

Comment

I don't actually mind buying Windows, it just doesn't make much sense with Vista around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley
                  I think you just gave the reason why it is so expensive.
                  To be honest i would easily be willing to pay for Windows if it wasn't so expensive, can't think of a time when it has ever been reasonable. Considering how accessible stuff like this is these days it's very off putting to go out there and spend that kind of money. I could think of a million other things i'd rather buy for my pc.

Comment

Hmm makes me glad that i got xp installed on my new pc, looks like im running a legit version, possibly for the first time ever

Comment

you can buy OEM XP Home licences for ?18 from PC shows, sort it out guys

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
                        To be honest i would easily be willing to pay for Windows if it wasn't so expensive, can't think of a time when it has ever been reasonable. Considering how accessible stuff like this is these days it's very off putting to go out there and spend that kind of money. I could think of a million other things i'd rather buy for my pc.
                        I don't think that holds up. It's a fundamental part of the PC that you most likely will/have used daily for years. The price is very reasonable.

Comment

Well with me i have had many hardrive crashes and problems that required me to reinstall windows xp

The problem was after so many times it would not let me install it anymore even though the fact it was a legitimate copy so i got a hack so i could install it

Comment

Saves using windowsupdate.

Comment

Or just run Linux instead

Comment

Working...
                              X