iPod support on Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod support on Xbox 360?

How do I put tracks from my iPod Shuffle to my Xbox 360?
    Any ideas guys? Tart

You can't copy songs onto the 360 hard drive from the iPod (the only way to get songs onto it is to rip them from CDs), but it should be able to read them from it when you plug it in.

Comment

Not sure if it applies to all generations of Ipod but there's an Ipod Support download available on Marketplace if the 360 doesn't detect your player.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I mean... Can I rip tracks from the iPod Shuffle to this?

Also, can I use my iPod Shuffle as an USB drive (this is different to the music I can play as Mp3's on it,) so can I put the MP3's from this to the 360?

Originally posted by tom-nook
        Not sure if it applies to all generations of Ipod but there's an Ipod Support download available on Marketplace if the 360 doesn't detect your player.

Comment

No unfortunately it's not possible to rip tracks from the ipod to the hard drive. You can only stream the tracks if you want to listen to them whilst playing games etc., so you need to have the ipod connected via usb.
          Last edited by tom-nook; 07-05-2006, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
            Yeah, that's what I mean... Can I rip tracks from the iPod Shuffle to this?

Also, can I use my iPod Shuffle as an USB drive (this is different to the music I can play as Mp3's on it,) so can I put the MP3's from this to the 360?
            No, you can only use the iPod Shuffle as a read-only device. I know because I own one as well. The only way you can get mp3s stored on your Xbox 360 at the moment is by ripping CDs that you insert into the 360.

However I'm sure that there will be mods released that will allow you to dump Mp3s onto your 360 hard drive without having a CD

Comment

Working...
            X