Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo2 - random weapons on map not random!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo2 - random weapons on map not random!

This is difficult to search for because the terms are so general but it's really bugging me...

I've been getting back into Halo2 as a lunchtime game, to liven things up a bit we go for random starting weapons with random weapons on map. The latter means you don't have people running for the rocket launcher or the sniper rifle which makes the game more entertaining.

The problem is that despite being set to random, all the weapons on the map are sniper rifles, either the covenant or human version which is really annoying. I'm sure this must have come up before are there any work arounds or known solutions?

Thanks,
    John

Trying on my home machine and everything seems to be rockets or brute shots...

On a different note, does anyone know where the heck the search option is for Bungie's forums?!

Comment

..not the place to ask Halo related questions then

Comment

this is odd... very odd.

so you select slayer (standard for example, not sniper slayer) go to quick options and select 'random' and you get fixed weapons?

it can't happen, you must be selecting sniper slayer or a custom match with weapons already setup as something else.

Comment

It definitely does happen, I've seen this on every copy of Halo 2 I've tried even though they're patched. We've tried different game variants, usually slayer, a custom slayer or crazy king and then modify it via quick rules so that it's random primary weapon, random secondary weapon and random weapons on map. The latter is definitely set to random yet the weapons on map are either all snipers or all rockets.

John

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing the point, what exactly is the problem?

Firstly you said that the weapons that were appearing were snipers, then rockets too. Which is it?

Is the problem that they are all the same, e.g all 'Snipers' or all 'Rockets'?

That's how it is suppose to be. Random Set, as in a set of weapons.

If it 'Randomly' picked 'Plasma Pistol' then all of the weapons on the map would be 'Plasma Pistols' not a random mix of weapons.

If you mean that more often then not 'Snipers' are the random choice then try clearing your cache drives. X: Y: Z:

Have I missed the point?

Comment

I said on the work Xbox it was all snipers, (on my own Xbox it's also all snipers).

I then said in my second post on my Home Xbox360, it's all rockets/brute shots.

No matter what settings you choose, it is always snipers on my Xboxes and rockets on the 360.

The problem is it isn't random - although there is a remote possiblity that it's chosen snipers randomly for the last 50 games or so, I think it's somewhat unlikely. Random starting weapons and random vehicles work fine but there's clearly a large bug with the random weapons on the map.

John

Comment

Working...
              X