No announcement yet.

Complete DC newbie needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, all those games I listed I have on PAL. They're all full-screen and have a 60Hz mode.

Gamecube is the only machine that has better PAL optimisation than the DC IMO (one or two DC games have truly terrible PAL conversions: Sega Rally 2 and Sega Bass Fishing come to mind)

Comment

Dealt with Saur before (top job on my cube and RGB cable) so that sounds like a plan - should've thought of that myself!

Many thanks,

Rob

Comment

Skies of Arcadia is very much worth the money, if you're willing to put the time in. If you're only going to play it once in a while, then there's not much point in getting it. It's one of those games you have to play loads, to keep up with the storyline, or just not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
          Skies of Arcadia is very much worth the money, if you're willing to put the time in. If you're only going to play it once in a while, then there's not much point in getting it. It's one of those games you have to play loads, to keep up with the storyline, or just not at all.
          Much like any RPG! May pick up a DC copy if I see it cheap, but I've already done the US cube version and I'm spending enough money without buying 2 copies of the same game! Was great though...

Comment

Originally posted by a9801Rob
            Dealt with Saur before (top job on my cube and RGB cable) so that sounds like a plan - should've thought of that myself!

Many thanks,

Rob
            Rob. Is it you?

If so - good job on the DC front.

If not. Whoops. Sorry...

Comment

Some more to look out for...

Seaman
              Space Channel 5
              Sega Bass Fishing
              Headhunter
              Bangai-O
              Trickstyle
              Le Mans 24 Hours
              House Of The Dead 2

Comment

Also Mars Matrix US and Giga Wing US/JAP, if you like your 2D shooters. Giga Wing won't play through RGB though so you'd need an S-Video or component lead for it.

Chipping is easy. 4 wires, I did them all the time when the DC was in it's prime. (Could almost chip em without looking, just using the force! lol)

Comment

buy the pal GIGAWING it has 60hz fullscreen and works with RGB scart

Comment

I have two PAL Dreamcasts myself. Almost all European Dreamcast games have a 60Hz option so the 60Hz thingy isn't really a reason to buy an NTSC machine. For my JP and US games I use the DC-X bootdisc. From my own experience I can tell you that this is the best bootdisc. It even boots games like FirePro who can't be booted with some other discs. Now my personal top 15 Dreamcast games (in no particular order):

1. Shenmue 1/2
                    2. Jet Set Radio (so original!)
                    3. Ikaruga
                    4. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
                    5. Soul Calibur
                    6. Mr. Driller (cute and very intense)
                    7. Bangai-O (brillliant Treasure game)
                    8. The House of the Dead 2
                    9. Confiential Mission (another good light gun game)
                    10. Rez
                    11. Powerstone (2) (multiplayer mayhem)
                    13. Street Fighter Alpha 3
                    14. Sega Bass Fishing (with rod!)
                    15. Dynamite Cop (really cool in multilayer)

If you like arcade games, I strongly suggest you pick up some official arcade sticks. There of very good quality.

Comment

Ive got bangai o nad i just dont get it, i must really try it again [erhaps a i missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by oracle
                        Ive got bangai o nad i just dont get it, i must really try it again [erhaps a i missed something.
                        Have you got the UK/US version or the Jap ver?

I have the UK one and for me, this adds something to the game. The translation is so poor it makes it even funnier.

The game is also a back-2-basics 2D shmup which I am a total sucka for.
                        Love the game to bits and I still play it now!

Go back and absorb the cranky japanese title. It's great fun!

"Hey.... I can still...." Classic!

Comment

Gotta have Le Mans 24 hours. It wipes the floor with all other racing games. 20 cars on screen, superb AI, great handling on the edge. Proper job. Graphical effects in the different weather conditions and change from day to night will blow your mind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
                            Also Mars Matrix US and Giga Wing US/JAP, if you like your 2D shooters. Giga Wing won't play through RGB though so you'd need an S-Video or component lead for it
                            Both classic shooters(i just can't get into Giga Wing 2)

Quick question !!

Do you mean a composite cable or is a Component cable actually available for the DC, if it is where did you get it ?? and will you sell me yours ?? a Component cable would be the answer to all my prayers 8)
                            However if you mean composite, shame on you for getting them mixed up and i thrash you with a pal DC's rf lead(pah) for getting my heart racing

Comment

my fave dc games altho most have bn mentioned if not all are

Sonic Adventure
                              Power Stone 1/2
                              Ikaruga
                              Sega Rally 2
                              Crazy Taxi
                              Skies of Arcadia
                              Giga Wing
                              F 355, just started playing this and its awesome

there r tonnes of others but my minds gone blank!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X