GC Freeloader question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Freeloader question...

I bought Freeloader from Play.com last week. On the insert in the box it says it's version 1.00. On the title screen it says v 1.04. But on the receipt that came with it from Play it says it version 1.06b (the one I want).

So should it say v1.06b on the title screen?

Oh and the only NTSC game I have is RE4. Is the GC version supposed to have thick black widescreen bars? I've got the PS2 version and it's pretty much fullscreen.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You've been given a 1.04 version, but to be honest it'll play most US games.
    The borders are always there in GC resi 4 unfortunately.

Comment

Check the inner ring of the disc, it'll have the version number there. Frankly if you've been sent a 1.04, return it. You need 1.06B version, that should handle just about anything you throw at it.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'll see about returning it. The inner ring of the disc says v1.04

I've also just noticed that the disc is very scratched. It was unsealed when I received it. Looks like someones had it before me and probably returned it.

Very poor show from the usually fairly reliable Play.com.

Comment

Just exchanged a few emails with Play who said I could send it back and get a refund.

When I emailed back saying that I'd rather have a replacement v1.06b copy I received this reply:

"Thank you for your email. We are extremely sorry to inform you that this
          title has become unavailable.

This means that the item has been removed from sale due to circumstances
          beyond our control and that we will be unable to fulfil any orders. As it is
          unlikely that we will be able to offer the item again in the near future we
          will have to refund the item and postage costs when the item reaches our
          warehouse.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have
          caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom."

So can anyone direct me to a retailer that still stocks Freeloader v1.06b?

Comment

Just buy it directly from codejunkies.com. Then you can be guaranteed the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by Red or Alive
              Just buy it directly from codejunkies.com. Then you can be guaranteed the latest version.
              Done. Bit more expensive but bugger it

Comment

I was in Gamestation yesterday preordering a PS3 when what should I spot on the Gamecube shelf for ?2.99? Yep, Freeloader. And it's v1.06b.

Could have saved meself a few quid if I 'd been in there first I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                X