Cant view DVDs using WMP10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant view DVDs using WMP10

Ive spent a while on this now, but basically I cant use WMP10 to view DVDs, all I get is a black screen, although the seek bar moves along and chapters are recognized. The reason I wanted to use WMP10 is that I am trialing NVidea Purevideo decoder with my 7800GTX card. Ive installed the Microsoft tool that detects and selects which DVD decoder is used (I cant seem to remove the Nero decoder), and Ive also tried installing Power DVD 7 and using the decoder built into that for WMP but to no avail.

Wondered if anyone has experienced similar, perhaps with their NVidea card.

Power DVD 7 has no such issues btw, but so far as I can tell it doesnt use Purevideo and Im intrigued to know what Im missing out on seeing as its something Nvidea is promoting with their 6x and 7x series cards.

Comment

I decided to unlock the gold version of Purevideo ($29) and after entering the activation codes in it all seems to work. Why the trial didnt work I really dont know, just as well for NVidea that I didnt base my buying decision on that

Comment

just download the klite codec pack.

That will play anything.

Comment

It wasnt as simple as that, I wanted to use the NVidea decoder as its built especially for my 7800GTX card, and H.264, WMV, and MPEG-2 formats.

The best streaming media device today with all the amazing features.

The results are pretty good it has to be said, the problem I have is that the sound quality is compromised on my PC as I dont have a 5.1 setup, so everything goes through 2 channels, my DVD player sounds a lot better in this respect.

Comment

Working...
          X