Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 On Sony Lcd

I have ordered this LCD tv from Sony, its new 40"

Discover a wide range of high-quality products from Sony and the technology behind them, get instant access to our store and Entertainment Network.

I was wondering, what is the best way to connect a NTSC XBOX 360 to it, RGB, component??? Also is the choice of tv good?

thanks

Good TV, you'll want component though for a 360. The VGA port won't support many modes.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's got a display resolution of 1366*768, so component is your best bed if it's a toss up between that and RGB.

Comment

So is component much better than RGB, if so how?

Comment

If you connect via RGB scart you won't be able to play at HD resolutions. You need component for high definition 720p, 1080i, etc.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 17-05-2006, 14:25.

Comment

Without going into all the technical guff a component lead will basically let your 360 display images at high-definition resolutions (1280x720 progressive scan) whereas rgb scart will only display at standard definition (640x480 interlaced). As a result the picture quality will be much much sharper, smoother & you'll notice a lot more detail in the graphics etc.

There's a faq here: http://www.ntsc-uk.com/tech.php?tech=HDTV

If you're buying a premium pack then you'll get a component lead bundled with it. If you buy a core pack you'll get a composite lead (very poor image quality & should be replace asap!).

Component & rgb scart leads cost pretty much the same so it's a no brainer really. The official MS lead costs ?20ish but the Joytech one will set you back around ?12.
            Last edited by tom-nook; 17-05-2006, 13:28.

Comment

so the tv im buying what is the max resolution

720p
              1080i
              1080p??

Comment

Your TV will do 720p and 1080i. For the best picture quality you'd want to get a component cable and set the Xbox 360 to run at 720p. A someone said before, if you get the Xbox 360 Premium Pack, it comes with a component cable.

Edit: Oh, you could also get a VGA cable and plug it into the PC input on your TV, and see if you like the picture quality of that better. Some people say it's better, some say they don't like it as much. Down to personal choice really.
                Last edited by EJG1980; 18-05-2006, 12:09.

Comment

don't forget that if you get a vga cable, you'll get the actual 1366x768 resolution so no scaling or anything like that - that's the proper resolution for that telly - all the other hdtv res's will be scaled to fit.

that's assuming it does vga though - looking at the specs, it says HDMI. hdmi doesn't do analogue which the 360 does...

Comment

The specs say it has a "PC Input" which I assume would probably be a standard VGA socket. But like J0e Musashi vbmenu_register("postmenu_814496", true); said in an earlier post, there's a chance that it won't support many resolutions anyway. My JVC LCD, for example, can only display 640*480 and 1024*768 from an analogue VGA connection.

I'd still say component set to 720p would be the best bet. The scaling from 1280*720 up to 1366*768 is hardly anything, and I would expect that most LCD's are optimised for scaling 720p and 1080i as they're the most likely signal that'll be fed into them.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 19-05-2006, 21:03.

Comment

good point

Comment

Working...
                      X