gamecube RGB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gamecube RGB question

i'm confused, why wouldn't a UK gamecube RGB lead work on a ntsc system? Also where would i find RGB cables for jap/usa GC's systems? any replies would be appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by muse hunter
    i'm confused, why wouldn't a UK gamecube RGB lead work on a ntsc system? Also where would i find RGB cables for jap/usa GC's systems? any replies would be appreciated. thanks
    I think US and Japan don't have analog outputs on their cubes. They certainly don't have Scart sockets (it's a Euro thing), so perhaps that's why.

Comment

I have an RGB cable for sale if you are looking mate.

Comment

The US/JPN GameCube does not have the RGB output that the PAL machine has.
        The PAL one lacks S-Video.

The workaround people use to get RGB from a US/JPN machine is to use a D-Terminal cable modified to output RGB. This is obviously a different cable.

An official Scart cable will be no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
          The workaround people use to get RGB from a US/JPN machine is to use a D-Terminal cable modified to output RGB. This is obviously a different cable.
          muse hunter - the lead Nick's selling is a 'modded' rgb lead so will work fine with a US/ Jap Cube. It plugs into both the Digital AV Out (for video) & the Analog AV Out (for audio) sockets on the Cube.

One thing to be aware of though is that later Jap Cube's had the digital av out removed. With these machines rgb isn't possible & the best connection you can use is s-video.

Comment

Working...
          X