Outlook Express - how to get to emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook Express - how to get to emails?

Outlook Express 6 (on windows XP) - anyone know how I could just copy all of my emails to another computer and open them up as if they were always there? Is there some folder somewhere where all of my emails are collected? I can't seem to find it.

TIA!

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't want two email accounts mixing together - is there a way of opening them seperately. As in, keeping my old mails as an archive that I can just open and browse?
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 23-05-2006, 08:45.

tools > options > maintenance > store folder

Find the store folder on the new computer using the same method, and copy all those files to the new computer.

Might be an easier way, but thats the way i've always done it!

edit: big shrug, no idea, unless you can install 2 different instance of outlook?

Comment

Ah much appriated - what I can probably do there is make two store folders and just point OE to the old one if I want to browse those mails. That should work I reckon.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

You can add new identities in OE. Go to File->Add New Identity, this creates a seperate account in OE. You can then copy the emails across using the Import/Export function. If you want to add them to your existing account but not have the emails mixed together it might be better if you create a folder such as "archive" on the old account, copy all the emails there and then copy the .dbx file from the old account to the new. Then you'll just see an "archive" folder from within Outlook which you can browse at your leisure.

Comment

You can use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in System Tools

Should be in one of these folders tho

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Comment

Working...
          X