Help - DS not saving my GBA games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - DS not saving my GBA games

Can anyone help me with this? I got a DS yesterday but haven't bought any games for it yet, so last night I fired up my 90% completed copy of Pokemon Pinball for the GBA and had a go. I thought it was funny as everything I collected wasn't evo'd (that'll make sense to anyone who's played it)

Thinking something was amiss I checked on my progress, only to find everything had been wiped. I tried playing it again, but as soon as I power off and back on it resets whatever I did on my last game, irrespective of whether I remove the cart. I then tried my copy of Sonic Pinball, and it wouldn't even load it.

Then I tried both games on my GBA SP and neither of them had a problem. Both loaded and saved data without a hitch. I daren't risk any of my other GBA games as I don't want my saves to be wiped - so I'm wondering, has anyone else had this problem or similar? The battery in the DS seems to be fine (it's secondhand btw) and all my calendar/profile data saves no problem, so what could be causing it? I've tried cleaning the cart slot. It's tough to get at but could it be down to a faulty contact, or is it just fubar'ed?

I'm planning on keeping my SP anyway so it's not a massive problem, but obviously I'd like to fix it if I can as it's inconvenient carrying 2 handhelds if I go away anywhere. I guess I could always return it or use it as a trade in against a Lite when they come out, but I'd rather not as apart from this problem I'm very impressed by the unit.

The only time I've ever experienced anything similar, it was on my original GBA and it turned out to be just a dirty slot but you've tried cleaning it already. I would try again if I were you but I can't possibly think what else it might be.

Comment

Working...
    X