Xbox live problem - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox live problem - any ideas?

I'm having a problem connecting to any private matches on xbox live. As an example, today I tried to play Bankshot Billiards with someone on my friends list. I created a private game and invited him, but he got a message saying he couldn't connect to host; I asked him to create a game, and I got the same message.

I then created a public match - someone joined me and we played three frames with no problem at all. I then played Table Tennis and had no problems searching for games and joining them, but when someone invited me to a game, I couldn't connect.

I've played on live most of the weekend, and have expereienced the same problems as detailed above. I can join people in public lobbies, but as soon as I, or anyone on my friends list, tries to create a private game, I can't connect.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm running the 360 through a Netgear router, and the internet comes from NTL, via a set top box, which is connected to the router. Also connected to the router is a Mac and a PC - turning them on/off makes no difference at all.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using a private voice comm channels at the same time?

I've had probems trying to connect to friends when I've had an active voice channel with them.

Comment

It sounds like NAT errors, run the Xbox live test on the system blade.

If you get anything other than "OPEN" that will be the problem.

Comment

Yosai - No, haven't been doing that. Thanks though.

EvilBoris - Indeed it is. Have just run the test and the Nat setting is "strict." Worryingly, the blurb about it says my router may be incompatible - likely, do you think, or just MS bull? Cheers for the advice.

Comment

First thing to do is get a firmware update for your router, that can often sort out the problems.
          If it doesn't then you need to do something called port forwarding or Set a DMZ to your 360 (De Militerized Zone) which will allow all data to go through to your 360.

Comment

Working...
          X