Metal Slug 5 Pal PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Slug 5 Pal PS2

Was holding out for the Xbox version of this, but i seem to remember someone mentioning that the Xbox versions of KOF 2002 and Metal Slug 4 are slow as hell (Perhaps not utilising the Pal-60 Xbox option)? Is this true?
    So basically i'd like some opinions on whether to hold out for the Xbox version (is it in any way superior) or to just grab the Pal PS2 version. Is the Pal PS2 version 60hz, as many frames of animation, stable framerate etc etc?
    And yep i'm aware Metal Slug 5 is pretty weak as far as Slug games go, but i likes it
    Thanks in advance.

The PS2 version does have a 60hz mode, but I don't know how it compares to the Xbox version I'm afraid.

Comment

Just get yourself a GP2X and play them all on a handheld. 8)

Comment

Just get the PS2 version - the PS2 games do have 60HZ, look better through SCART and are easier to play due to the friendlier PS2 pad design. (Visually, the XBox version will probably be virtually the same, but won't look as bright.)

Both versions will probably be a fiver in two or three months time, so you could probably get both versions over time.

Comment

Cheers guys, will prob just grab the PS2 one.. Jazzfunk speaketh sense
          Ajay; I've been toying with getting a GPX2 for a while now (own a GP32), how do Neo Geo games run on it, full speed with sound? What's the Mame scene like on it now?... I'm a big scrollling fighter fan, do the likes of Vendetta, TMNT, Undercover Cops etc run well/at all?

Comment

Working...
          X