Oblivion - 360 or PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oblivion - 360 or PC?

Couldn't decide if this should go in the Console section or the PC section o.o

Anyway, building me a new PC in August. August happens to be when my birthday is too, so I am looking at getting Oblivion.

Is there any difference between the PC and 360 versions? Part of me is tempted to get the PC version to go with the new machine I'm building, but the Live downloadables and the fact that it won't take up HDD space is swaying me towards the 360 version.

Opinions?

All the Live downloadables are available on the PC. The PC version also supposedly benefits from better LoD handling on strong rigs, as well as little-to-no loadtimes (something which grates on the 360 version).

Then you have all the mods which will only be on the PC.

I play the 360 version because the graphics are worse on my PC setup, and for the comfort seat/joypad factor.
    Last edited by Concept; 03-06-2006, 13:54.

Comment

I used to play it on PC with a hi spec PC, but now I got an 360 where I can play it lying on my bed naked... PC version got ebay'd.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak
        I used to play it on PC with a hi spec PC, but now I got an 360 where I can play it lying on my bed naked... PC version got ebay'd.
        Really?

Comment

Honest.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one then.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
              Glad I'm not the only one then.
              Hehe make it three

Comment

Depends if you want mods or not =)
                The 360 controls are comfortable, except when you are using the map >_<
                I haven't played the PC version so I cannot comment on that version, but a lot of people say to buy it on 360 because of controls (Or if their PC isn't up to the recommended specs >_>)

So if you want the construction kit and the mods then get the PC version

Comment

Sounds like I'm getting the same game either way, with the PC version just offering the customisability that it inherit to a PC title, right?

The machine I'm looking at building is some kind of Conroe, 3GB DDR2 800 and 7950GX2, so it should run Oblivion very sweet indeed.

But y'know... I'm a console player at heart. Decisions!

There is one factor that could sway me - my brother is wanting to play this game too. He has a PC but not a 360 - me getting the PC game could dave us having to buy 2 copies, right? I'm assuming I could install it on both our machines with no problem (like annoying XP-style call-home crap). Assuming his machine will run it, too (A64 3200+, 1GB DDR, FX5500 256MB).
                  Last edited by sj33; 04-06-2006, 14:37.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak
                    I got an 360 where I can play it lying on my bed naked...
                    Originally posted by EvilBoris
                    Hehe make it three
                    This is so wrong, sounds like you three are planning another ahem "meet"

Comment

Some more Q's I thought of!

1) Does the PC game have widescreen like the 360 one?

2) Does the PC game have 5.1 like the 360 one?

3) Can I use the wired 360 controller?

Comment

Yes, yes and yes

I run the pc one on my rig and its superb, running it 1680x1050 and it looks superb

Comment

Working...
                        X