Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to put my Simpson's DVDs onto a chipped Xb...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to put my Simpson's DVDs onto a chipped Xbox hard-drive?

If so what's the quality like - can you notice any deterioration?

Cheers

er... probably not in the way you'd imagine.

the only way I can think of doing it is ripping all the video off the disk and then playing it with the XBox Media Player.

the quality would be the same, but you'd lose the menus.

you might have to convert to another video/audio format though, so you could lose some of the quality there. That would depend how many hours you fancied waiting for your PC to encode.

realistically speaking, its not worth the pain...

Comment

I agree with Papercut, it is a painful process if you can't keep it in the VOB (DVD) format - up to 12 hours to convert a 2 hour movie into MPEG and if you want to do it for free your going to have to use multiple programs.

If you have any ready made SVCD or VCD then just copy the file to the HD and play it with media player, this is much quicker.

It is worth the effort, I've got my xbox hooked up to a video sender and I can watch any movie anywhere in the house without having to get the DVD out.

You could also use Relax to stream the movie from one xbox onto other xboxes so you could watch different movies in different rooms - this isn't possible with my video sender solution.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
        up to 12 hours to convert a 2 hour movie into MPEG and if you want to do it for free your going to have to use multiple programs.
        Twelve hours? a 2 hour film takes me less then 2 hours to encode to an xVid MPEG with the resulting file having fantastic quality. Most PC's over 2GHz nowadays can encode faster then real time, I just encoded the entire series 2 of the simpsons and it took around 12 minutes per episode and then I just dumped them all on my Xbox.

Comment

Not legally, no.

Comment

xVid hey... I've never heard of that. Could you elaborate on what it is? I have a lot of editing/ripping software and two cards capable of ripping from a tv (though my GF4 Ti4600 s-video port doesn't work grrr)... but most of the programs have unsatisfactory results. Cheers.

Comment

Discussing how to break the CSS encryption is illegal, not to be discussed on this forum.

Comment

Working...
              X