Mac - Best torrent client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac - Best torrent client?

I currently use bittorrent to download torrent files, but have noticed that it's very hit and miss - both in terms of download speeds and connecting to seeders. I use a Mac, and I'm unsure if there is a better download client out there - anyone have any suggestions?

I like "Transmission". It's nice and simple while still showing you the important details, letting you limit your upload speed and supporting multiple downloads.

Comment

I don't really use BitTorrent (have done to get some Linux builds in the past though) but Azureus seems to be the best around, and as it's Java-based, works on a Mac.

Download Vuze - Azureus for free. An extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Vuze (formerly Azureus) is an extremely powerful and configurable BitTorrent client. Search and download torrent files.

Comment

I have found this to work very well, seems faster than the others

Comment

Azureus is a big fat hog. I wouldn't use it unless you require all of the additional features.

Comment

Thanks guys - trying 60-hz's suggestion at the moment. With a 2mb connection, my average d/l speed is around the 30-50 kb/s, which seems slow. Hoping this will improve things...

Comment

i used to use 'Tomato', but i switched to 'Transmission', it takes up hardly any resources at all and does what it's supposed to do without all the bells and whistles of other clients.

Comment

Working...
              X