Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about selling Classic Arcade Cabinet Games

Hi,

I have in my possession a 1984 Gauntlet machine in near-mint condition (only the coin slots do not work). I was wondering how much you guys reckon its worth. I saw one website sells it for 995 quid which is loads. Also where is a good place to sell this kind of thing and would it be worth posting on the trading forum here? Thanks for any help!

The main problems with arcade machines is that they are big so not everyone has space for them, Gauntlet is fairly large too.

Although there are websites selling machines for ?995, they are generally not the best place to buy them from. It's like going to a car dealership and paying full whack and getting no extras with it.

The arcade market has got a lot smaller since the boom of a few years ago.

However if its mint, and by mint I mean, side art is perfect, panel art is perfect, Marque is perfect, still has the original Atari logo joysticks and the screen has little burn if any then you could get up to ?1000 for it, but it has to be mint and then you have to find a buyer for it. In average condition about ?300/?400.

Try the forums first then try Ebay, although then you have shipping and payment fun.

Comment

Thanks that was very helpful

I think I'll have to sell it on ebay but I'll have to say buyer collects, or I might even try one of my local Ad papers. I'd say it was in average to good condition because side art has ripped a little on the left side, coin slots do not work and screen has a little burn (not much) so I think ?450 would be an ideal price to set it at. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace
        I'd say it was in average to good condition because side art has ripped a little on the left side, coin slots do not work and screen has a little burn (not much)
        From...

I have in my possession a 1984 Gauntlet machine in near-mint condition (only the coin slots do not work).
        Did you take your temper out on it in the few hours between posts?

so I think ?450 would be an ideal price to set it at. Any thoughts?
        Yeah if you can find a buyer then you might get that, start high and be prepared to be haggled downwards. I think ?300 is a more realistic figure given the condition, but you never know. Personally I remember turning them down for ?50 about 8 years ago.

Comment

Try contacting Arcadewarehouse (http://www.arcadewarehouse.co.uk)
          He's a dealer in Castleford, West Yorkshire, he might be interest if you can't find a buyer, as he does restorations

chrs

Eddie G.

Comment

Working...
          X