Repairing my brothers DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing my brothers DS

Got home from a train journey, unpacked the bag and found my brothers upper DS screen was broke - seems to be cracked internally in 2 places.

Quite bizzarely, my DS broke many months ago, 'cept the bottom screen broke on mine.

I've got a blue DS Lite now, so I have no interest in fixing my old one. Before I order one of those annoying DS Gamebit things, can someone confirm to me if it's possible to just rip the upper screen from my DS and stick it in his?

Guess its just going to be a question of trying it i think. I have a Cube Gamebit,ill see if it fits the DS.

Comment

I think the Gamebit tools may just be for home consoles/ carts.

The GBA can be opened using a tri-wing screwdriver so I'd guess the DS is the same. Don't currently have a DS to check so could be wrong though.

Edit: I have one you can borrow if it turns out that's what's required.
      Last edited by tom-nook; 11-06-2006, 19:47.

Comment

Cheers for the offers guys, but at a few quid on ebay I may as well get one for myself Just wanted to know if it was physically possible to switch the screens, but some pics on Likky imply so. May as well give it a go I suppose!

Guess that DS outer casing isn't as stirdy as I assumed.

Comment

it's really easy to do. just a ribbon cable clip joint and it's done. my girlf broke her top screen using it to open a nut...

Comment

Originally posted by daninski
            ...my girlf broke her top screen using it to open a nut...
            Female engineers, huh?

Stroller

Comment

Working...
            X