MGS Integral - a problem with a modded PSone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGS Integral - a problem with a modded PSone

Some time ago I bought a modded PSone which, at least this far, have worked just fine (playing PAL games and Japanese Symphony of the Night) but today I finally opened my copy of MGS Integral (Japanese version, PSone Books) and started playing.

Well, the game starts like it should but after selecting a New Game and difficulty level, the Error Screen (?) comes up with some Japanese text. The same happens when trying to play the VR Missions on Disc 3 (Integral) but all the Options, Extras and Briefings work just fine.

There's nothing wrong with my memory card (I have saved SotN files and files from PAL MGS) and the mod chip shouldn't be broken since the Japanese SotN (PSone Books version, btw) works like a charm.

I hope someone could help. I'm not willing to send the machine back to where I bought it 'cause their return policy sucks and it takes ages.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Scarface; 12-06-2006, 16:24.

My jpn mgs integral does exactly the same thing on my modded psone. Only runs on a jpn console as far as i know. Sorry.

Comment

You might need one of those later modchips which work on games which check for modchips.

You can patch most games which check for modchips, mind.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's true but I seem to remember that when games started adding modchip checks (FFVIII was one of the first) if you made a copy of them that could be booted. Maybe you could try that.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
          I'm not sure if it's true but I seem to remember that when games started adding modchip checks (FFVIII was one of the first) if you made a copy of them that could be booted. Maybe you could try that.
          Well, make an iso of the game, patch it with a patch from the net, burn to CDR, job done.
          An alternative is to google up a program for your PS called Import Player, and boot that on your PS1, then insert your game.

Later modchips supported anti-modchip games though.

Comment

The chip i have in mine is one of the latest ones (cant recall the name?) thats supposed to play anti mod chip games but wont do integral. Wont boot biohazard 2 or 3 as well. Gotta get a jpn ps1 console.
            Last edited by SuperDanX; 12-06-2006, 19:27.

Comment

That's a point actually - the later modchips supported the protected games and I'm pretty sure all of those games came out before the PSone. Surely any chips that supported the PSone would support anti-modchip games?

Comment

Working...
              X