Removing sticky glue from Nintendo DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing sticky glue from Nintendo DS

I put a screen protector on my DS, and today I went to remove it, and it's left a sticky residue on each corner of the glass screen at the top.

I tried wiping it, but it's sticky, and won't fully come off!

What do I need to remove it safely???

Cheers!

A bit of rubbing alcohol on the end of a cotton bud should be ok if you're careful. It will evapourate leaving nothing behind.

Comment

What is this mythical 'rubbing alcohol' and where do you get it? It's also recommended for cleaning lasers, but try finding it in any shops...

Comment

Chemist is the best place for it, it's for cuts and stings and things! Nail polish remover will probably work just as well.

Comment

I'll try and get some rubbing alcohol first, thanks Jimmie!

Comment

Had the same problem with the 360 hdd, and lots of Free Live 2 months trial stickers. Tap the zone with a ball of sticky tac, it works wonderfully.

Comment

When I'm over in the US next month, I'll be getting myself a bottle of "Goo Gone" for such situations. Damn good stuff for removing anything sticky from a non-absorbant surface.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Vodka or gin work just as well.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
                  Nail polish remover will probably work just as well.
                  NOOOOOOooooo never use anything that contains acetone on plastic. It will start to melt the plastic.

If you have some peanut butter it will remove the adhesive, but peanut butter is a bit too grainy so it might scratch the screen. Peanut butter really works, its the oil in it that disolves the glue. I sucessfully used it to remove a evil sticker from my pachislot machine i just placed a blob over & left it for 25 mins then wiped it off.

You could try baby oil or cooking oil if you have any about. It should work the same but peanut butter is better as its solid & stays where its put.
                  Last edited by importaku; 13-06-2006, 17:46.

Comment

Working...
                  X