AMD 64 X2 3800+ and RAM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD 64 X2 3800+ and RAM...

I've got no idea about AMD processors, this is my first time buying one, and i just wanted to know if this RAM is compatable with this processor?

Thanks!

well its nothing to do with the processor and more to do with what mobo you are using.

generally speaking though ocz is great ram, you should be able to use it with most ddr mobo's.

try checking the mobo manufacturor's website for a compatibility list.........i know asus have a ram compatibility list.

hope that helps.

Comment

if you can hold out another month, the x2's are gona drop in price by upto 50% due to the release of the conroe chip... just thought i'd let you know... probabaly be able to get 4200+ for less!

Comment

What the above poster says!

Comment

That RAM is compatible but it is overkill unless you're going to do some serious overclocking.

Comment

Unless you are going to run your system overclocked, (which is always tricky to perfect and normally massively shortens lifespan of your entire PC), you'd get better performance with cheaper PC3200 CAS2 RAM.

Also newer AM2 (940pin) processors are out which support 800Mhz+ DDR2 RAM (upto 3% faster than DDR1) , maybe worth considering.

Comment

Wow, what amazing price drops these are gonna be, just around the time I'll be upgrading my PC too! Thanks guys!

Think I'll go for a X2 4000+ now!!

Comment

Price cuts to come into effect on my Birthday! Money from everyone please!

Comment

Working...
                X