Looking for decent HDTV for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for decent HDTV for 360

I've seen this one for around ?500. Anyone know if it's any good or can point me to others around the same price?

or this one?

Thanks
    Last edited by hudson; 17-06-2006, 12:34.

The sharp is not an HDTV, however it will accept HD inputs and downscale. I can't really comment on the LG, but I believe it's quite old. (last years' model?)

Comment

The LG is superb, I have the 32" version. A few members on the forum have the 26" and I've yet to read something bad about it.

Comment

lol the lg is good but black levels are apparently sub standard when compared with sony,sharp,samsungs latest offerings(lots of greying over, which i saw for myself in a hd demo at comet).

tbh i'd go with the new sammy 26" on that budget which you can get for about ?570(unless you can stretch ?689 for the sony KDLV26S2010U)

or if its strictly out of the two, then i'd go for the sharp as apparently its extremely proficient at handling hd signals even at lower pixel count, and dvds will look amazing.

Comment

The sharp isn't a HDTV (for the 360), but is probably the best SDTV LCD on the market.

Personally, I would stretch my budget a bit, and get the new Sony Bravia S-Series LCD. It is a HDTV, and also has great performance over standard definition signals.

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc
            Personally, I would stretch my budget a bit, and get the new Sony Bravia S-Series LCD. It is a HDTV, and also has great performance over standard definition signals.
            I have about 1500 euro to spend (maybe a little more if I stretch it), are the Sony's the best in that price range?

In terms of HD sources I'll be using it for my 360 (probably with HD-DVD addon later) and most likely a PS3 when it comes out (not too fussed about 1080p though).

For SD material I'll be using it for the Wii, my xbox with media centre and all my old consoles which all use RGB (I will get component cables for the PS2 and xbox though).

So it's important to me that it will display SD material well, I don't have a lot of room so it'll have to replace my current SD tv. Because there's so much choice in TV's these days it would be nice if I can narrow it down to the Sony's.

Comment

sony have the best 26" and 32" models right now.

samsungs are good, but fall flat on picture processing technology which is just not in the same league as bravia engine.

i recently purchased the SONY KDL26S2010U its a lovely set which as said handles sd content surprisingly well, needless to say hd material is stunning.

Comment

I forgot to mention, I'll be mostly using it with a 360.

Comment

How's the VGA support on the Sony's? And do they have good options to tweak the image? Like colour sliders, backlight control and stratching etc? Also, what's the difference between the S 2000 and S 2020 models?

Comment

sony also have the bet picture tweaking options that i know of.

full backlight control etc etc etc.

Pc Images are superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
                      How's the VGA support on the Sony's? And do they have good options to tweak the image? Like colour sliders, backlight control and stratching etc? Also, what's the difference between the S 2000 and S 2020 models?
                      Sony's are probably the best right now for overall picture quality on both HD and SD from a commercial LCD. In terms of tweaking options, it's pretty well stocked, but someone who actually has a set might be able to give more detail. VGA is pretty good from what I've heard, but it doesn't support 1280x720 over VGA very strangely.

The S2000 and S2020 are the same TV, with different colours (as is the S2010). Check online, I'm not so sure about Euros, but it costs about ?700 here in the Uk.

Comment

Ok thanks a lot for the info, I'll just go with a Sony then. 700 pounds in the UK? I saw em here online for 1500/1600 euro, that's a huge price difference there, 700 pounds equals about 1025 euro. Or are you thinking about 26"?

Comment

yes ?687www.rgbdirect.co.uk

you wont go wrong with the new bravia's mate.

Comment

Any chance of some pics of the bravia in action running some 360 goodness?

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
                              Ok thanks a lot for the info, I'll just go with a Sony then. 700 pounds in the UK? I saw em here online for 1500/1600 euro, that's a huge price difference there, 700 pounds equals about 1025 euro. Or are you thinking about 26"?
                              I was thinking about 26" sorry. I think 32" is about ?1000 or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X