Gamecube Internal Battery - Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube Internal Battery - Advice please

I have just bought my second Nintendo Gamecube console and have turned it on three times for a few minutes each time (to set the date/time, and to check that disks were loading fine, etc) but have just realised that I think I remember reading somewhere that I should have left the system turned on for a number of hours when I first use it - in order to charge the internal battery?
    Since I have turned it on and off twice will I have already permanently affected how long the internal battery will last for? (due to the memory effect) Or will it be ok if I turn it on again for a number of hours to charge it? If it is still ok, how many hours should I leave it turned on to charge for?
    TIA

I've never heard of a battery problem in relation to a GameCube, but that doesn't mean anything. Anyway, you can just leave your console on for a few hours because it will be a memoryless battery! The DreamCast works that way for sure so proabably no permanent damage has been inflicted upon your Cube('s battery).

The DC charges in an hour orso so just play with your cube for two hours, have fun and see if it remembers your setting and if it doesn't it's not the backup battery that has problems but something else inside your GC is fubar.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but are you absolutely sure its a memoryless battery? Its just that I read somewhere that it was a Lithium-ion battery which does suffer from the memory effect(?) I am just abit concerned that I may have screwed up its internal battery for good

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. I go weeks and weeks without playing my cube and it's fine when I switch it back on for some 36 Chambers of Viewtiful action

It also seems to be more accurate than the PS2 clock, which I've noticed slips a minute or two here and there even when used often.

Comment

Working...
        X