Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap Magic 3 Problem

Got a bit of a weird one.

Basically when i boot up with the swap magic disk in (and lid open or closed) i end up at the PS2 memory card/disk screen and it says no data, or i get a black screen and it repeatedly tries to read the disk.

I know the swap tools are ok as i can boot a same region game flawlessly with the lid open.

It does work now and then but i cannot recreate it so i know what it is everytime, But because it does work sometimes i presume the disk is ok.

Any ideas?

Do you get the same thing with both Swap Magic discs?

Comment

nope CD one works 100% of the time.

Seller is adamant that the disk is fine.

Comment

If both discs weren't working I'd have suggested your PS2 dvd drive's laser might be having probs reading the SM discs. However, if the CD boot disc works fine it sounds more likely the DVD boot disc is faulty.

If it's a Jap/ntsc Swap Magic disc you're using I'd be more than happy to test fit or you if the seller's adamant there isn't a problem. Guessing you're probably using a set of PAL discs though?
        Last edited by tom-nook; 18-06-2006, 19:34.

Comment

It is a JPN set of disks, going to see if the seller will swap it out, if he refuses, then i might take you up on that offer, thanks

Comment

Just give me a shout if you do matey .

Hopefully it won't come to it though & the seller'll sort things out for you without any probs.

Comment

Working...
            X