Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL Xbox switched to NTSC - Cheap Component Cables w/ Digital Surround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Xbox switched to NTSC - Cheap Component Cables w/ Digital Surround?

I'm soon going to be switching my console to NTSC for improved visual clarity and have bought a monster cable here. Will this work OK?

Furthermore, and more importantly: I heard once it was switched to NTSC you could no longer get a signal through RGB Scart - is this true? Will it work with composite - what do I do if the worst comes to the worst and I cannot get any picture at all!?

Thanks in advance for any help!

mono.
    Last edited by egparadigm; 20-06-2006, 16:57.

That should be fine. I switched my chipped PAL Xbox to NTSC and have used a VGA adaptor which I believe converts the component signal to VGA. I have a component lead but have not tried it.

You can still get the RGB signal when you do this. I think I was swapping back and forth when I was initially setting up the Xbox to NTSC, the only way I could switch. The only time the menu option to select the "high-def" resolution of the picture appears is when a suitable lead is plugged in.

Comment

If the worst happens you can plug one of the component leads into the composite socket of your TV and get a picture. It's enough to see to change the settings back but I'm sure you'll have no problems. As Bassman mentioned the HD modes are only available when a suitable cable is connected.

Comment

You wouldn't have any problem as I used to use my USA XBOX with RGB scart cable on my old TV. Now I used component input

Comment

RGB Scart works fine after modded to NTSC. No idea who started the rumour that it didn't o.o

Comment

My brother has a US Xbox and ran it with the official UK RGB cable with no issues. It's only our one that was crippled.

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap-ish component cable that supports fibre optic cables for surround sound that will post to the UK?* I've found a few on the likes of amazon.com, but none that post to the UK. There's an official one on eBay but I expect it to price me out...

Also, what about this one from Walmart? I have a couple of friends who might be able to post it here... http://www.walmart.com/cart.gsp?add_list=4244412,1|

It's available for ?20 at importmadness, but I don't want to spend more than ?15, ideally less.

Fangs.

* I think I'm going to sell my monster cable on because of lack of surround support
              Last edited by egparadigm; 20-06-2006, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
              X