Nintendo DS Lite Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo DS Lite Question

Im gonna be goin to Canada, and will be pickin up a DS lite (white one i think). Jus wondering if i need to get a step down for the power supply, when i come back to the UK or will a normal PAL GBA adapter work with it like the normal DS? Dont wanna be blowing the basted up. If i need aditional hardware how much is this gonna cost?

you will need either a step down or the best bet is to buy a UK lite charger from game or somewhere like that

Comment

so a normal GBA charger wont work with it? They worked with the original DS's right?

Comment

It's a different socket, unique in fact; it's not the same as the GBA, original DS or even the GBA micro. So you'll have to use a stepdown or buy a charger when you return (as the DS list will be out here by then).
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks MIkeF and MAyhem! ill jus get one here when i come back! Appreciate yah help!

Comment

There are DS lite USB charging cables available now

Comment

I thought the connection for the charger was the same as for the SP.

Comment

The original DS yes, but not the lite.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You can get third party UK DS Lite chargers on Ebay for a fiver, I use one myself with no problems.

Comment

Thanks Shakey Jake, ill look into that when i get back!

Comment

Working...
                    X