Who do you Broadband with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you Broadband with?

Ok... i've had it with mine at the ridiculous ?30 per month, so i'm looking to vastly reduce costs while maintaining good speeds/service.

Advice?

Pipex used to be great, their customer service is and will always be ****e, but sadly now it seems their net service is going the same way. One good thing though is you get 500 inutes of free phone calls and the stuff arrives promptly. I believe Zen are one of the best but they are fairly pricey in comparison to some other services, but then, you get what you pay for.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I'm on Nildram too and I'm wanting to change. I've upgraded to 8mb two months ago and they've still not sorted out the speed issues in my area giving me 2mb speeds still!

Plus a 50GB cap per month is really crap for me with the amount of ****e I download each month!
      I can only get ADSL in my area. Which ISP should I go for?
      I hear F2S are suppose to be good... Anyone recommend them?

Comment

Plus a 50GB cap per month is really crap for me with the amount of ****e I download each month!
        Seems most places are adding d/load limits, unless you pay through the nose for uncapped! Bloody police state regulations!
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I use Blueyonder, have had them for 4 years, never a single problem.

I have their 10MBit service for ?35 a month, but they have 4MBit and 2MBit services for much cheaper. No nonsense download caps like ADSL providers like to use.

Comment

i have nildram 2mb service and its fine i dont use 50gig every month , plus unused rolls over to next month anyway incase i decide to go mad and download loads

also check out f2s , eclipse, zen, demon

Comment

I've got Newnet 8mb service with 60Gb usage, at ?21. Haven't had it for long, but service so far has been great

Comment

I'm on Zen, not the quickest or cheapest but its reliable and suits my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
                  I'm on Zen, not the quickest or cheapest but its reliable and suits my needs.
                  Yup same here. No drop outs whatsoever and good service. Sadly, new customers no longer have the option for uncapped services.

Comment

I'm with NTL, past week or two have been pretty poor, but they're giving free upgrades to all 2Meg customers, to 4Meg, my upgrade came through today, getting the new upload speeds (more important than downloads, due to RadioSEGA!), but I'm lucky to get even 80k/sec currently, I should be getting 400+k/sec!

Guess they'll still be rebalancing/sorting network issues, or people are leeching their new connections like no tomorow.

But i'd deffo recommend NTL, well. I guess it depends on your area. For me in Cheshire, it's been great, only one or two cock ups a year.

Comment

I use Tiscali, ?15pm for 30GB capped 512k broadband (my local exchange can't offer any more) - it gives me a cheap phone calls package too

Comment

Also with zen - but as has been mentioned - new customers can't get uncapped lines. Still running my nice uncapped 2 meg with them - not quite sure why cos I could easily live on 50 gig a month nowadays. That is until all the american TV starts again :S

Comment

NTL for me, phoned yesterday to tell them I wanted to cancel and I now have 10mb for ?17.49 a month for the next 12 months. Result

Comment

BeThere (who have just been bought by O2) - 30 quid a month (on top of BT line rental) ADSL2 15meg down 1.5 meg up. It's okay - but given that I'm 800 meters from the exchange I'd have expected faster - they pimp it out as 24 meg down!

Took 'em three months to get it working properly as well, customer service isn't good.

Comment

Just got off the phone with AOL after speaking with telewest (can't do cable in my area) and Eclipse, and they've reduced my package to ?19.99 for the same speed so i'm happy enough.

Eclipse sounded good but, at the same time, i'll save the hassle of moving and risking what i've found to be good service from AL for a couple quid per month.

Comment

Working...
                              X