help with media centre thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with media centre thanks

i was wondering if you can install media centre fine on a windows xp laptop al i need it for is streaming to my 360 thanks.

As long as it meets the minimum specs yes.

Comment

kewl thanks you dont happen to know what they are at all do you?

Comment

had a hunt on the home page, cant find anything as the main way of getting media centre is to buy the system ready made - have a look http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...r/default.mspx

Comment

ye noticed that but i think you can just install it but not entirly sure as ive seen it to downlaod so maybe you can just install it but im quite unsure tbh

Comment

If you've got the 2 MCE2005 discs then its exactly the same as installing Windows XP Home/Pro. The only thing thats missing from a laptop will be a TV card, which doesn't matter btw. Unless of course you've got a USB one.

If you're not looking to stream movies/videos to your PC then you can just use Media Connect which is just a small download from the Microsoft website. Might save you having to reinstall everything.

Comment

dont forget roll up 2 - has the 360 connection stuff amoungst other things

Comment

so to stream stuff to my 360 to watch on the tv i dont actually need media centre as i thought you had to have it? as streaming to tv is all i wanted it for will i just be able to download this update then?

Comment

no wmc only does pictures and music

Comment

no windows media centre does stream video doesnt it

Comment

sorry my bad Windows Media Connect can stream pictures and music
                      Windows Media Centre can stream the above and movie files stored on the pc inc tv, the only thing it cant do is stream a dvd in the pc drive.

Comment

oh ok then sorry i mis understood but looks like im goign to have to use media centre then no biggy cheers for the help

Comment

I`ve just built myself a media centre pc and found this place http://thegreenbutton.com/default.aspx to have all the answers you may have - I got the book on the front page cheap from an Amazon seller, I cant recommend it enough.
                          Have fun

Comment

cheers mate appriciate it

Comment

Working...
                            X