Wi-fi Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-fi Question

So i have my sweet new laptop with wireless and whatnot so i was thinking about setting up a wireless network for when i'm at home. However, when my list of networks in range comes up there's one listed as "Home" which i can connect to and surf with quite good speed. Is it likely i'm connecting to a wireless network from another house? There's no pubs of anything like that nearby so my guess is that's what it is.

Was also wondering if so, how long can i get away with this before being noticed? Really can't afford a router at the mo so it is quite handy.

You will probably get away with it for a fair while, if the person isn't tech savvy enough to set up some kind of security, they probably won't know how to log onto their routers admin screen and check to see the list of computers who are connected to the router.

Infact you could easily log onto it yourself and remove all restrictions to your laptop and monkey around in all sorts of ways

Comment

I'd be very careful about doing it mind

Comment

Most people on this street are drunken louts, am quite shocked that anyone round here even owns a PC let alone have a wireless network setup. If anyone asks suppose i could deny all knowledge of it. w00t wifi teh r00xers

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
          I'd be very careful about doing it mind

http://management.silicon.com/govern...9150672,00.htm
          Hmm, good call. That article's a year old, anymore cases since? Imagine it's very common.

Comment

Working...
          X