Photoshop colours not matching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop colours not matching?

All of a sudden I'm getting a noticable difference between colours in Photoshop and the same image opened in another program.

For example, if I open something in Photoshop the colours appear much lighter - so something that is black will appear brown or grey

Open the same image in something like Windows Image Viewer or any browser and it looks normal (when I say normal, I'm using the way the image appears in a browser as the baseline).

At it's worst it's turned flat greys I've laid down in Photoshop into light blues in other apps. Doesn't seem to matter what format the image is in either (neither what it starts as or ends up as).

I haven't altered any settings, but I get a feeling it's something to do with the contrast / gamma settings in Photoshop? It's not cauing serious problems but it does mean Photoshop isn't giving a true reflection of what a final image will look like.

Any Photoshop experts here able to tell me what's going wrong?

Have you set the correct colour profile for your monitor in photoshop's settings?

Comment

Gargh! Seems all the profiles were corrupted. Just redone them and I'm back to how things should be.

Cheers EvilB

Comment

Working...
      X