Genuine 2gb Pro Duo on eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine 2gb Pro Duo on eBay?

Are there any at all? In 40 minutes of searching I came up with 1 possible seller of a genuine 2gb Pro Duo. I'm awaiting a reply from him in regards to if he uses pics of genuine sticks, but sells fakes.
    I've resorted to buying a 1gb off of my friend out of his Giga Pack just to be on the safe side, but I would ideally like a 2gb stick. If anyone knows where I can pick up a genuine one please let me know. Ta.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

LOL i have just went through the same dilemma

I had 2 * 1gb sticks, and one memory stick pro adapter. My camera uses the pro duo but with an adaptor.

My boyfriends dad lost one of the 1gb sticks and the adaptor, so i thought i would get a 2gb stick with an adaptor. However, I really need an adaptor asap as this weekend is full of special occasions which i will need my camera for. So I had to resort to ebaying a memory stick.

The amount of sellers with a lot of negative feedbacks is insanity.

One guy had almost 100 negatives in the past month alone saying he sells fakes from china.

I ended up buying from this guy here....

he has good feedback and seems reputable enough, however, when i get the goods i will let you know. I didn't really wanna go with ebay but I needed one in a hurry.

Comment

You're a girl! *shock horror*
      No seriously, let me know how it turns out as I do need a 2gb card rapid-style.

Originally posted by wicky
      LOL i have just went through the same dilemma

I had 2 * 1gb sticks, and one memory stick pro adapter. My camera uses the pro duo but with an adaptor.

My boyfriends dad lost one of the 1gb sticks and the adaptor, so i thought i would get a 2gb stick with an adaptor. However, I really need an adaptor asap as this weekend is full of special occasions which i will need my camera for. So I had to resort to ebaying a memory stick.

The amount of sellers with a lot of negative feedbacks is insanity.

One guy had almost 100 negatives in the past month alone saying he sells fakes from china.

I ended up buying from this guy here....

he has good feedback and seems reputable enough, however, when i get the goods i will let you know. I didn't really wanna go with ebay but I needed one in a hurry.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

How can these ebay peeps sell them so much cheaper than places like http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SanDisk ? Surely they are fakes if they are 1/3rd of the price?

"WE ARE PLATINUM POWER SELLER!!! BID WITH CONFIDENT!!! "
        Last edited by charlesr; 05-07-2006, 08:29.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
          How can these ebay peeps sell them so much cheaper than places like http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SanDisk ? Surely they are fakes if they are 1/3rd of the price?

"WE ARE PLATINUM POWER SELLER!!! BID WITH CONFIDENT!!! "
          You could well be right as I know of Sandisk fakes doing the rounds.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
            You're a girl! *shock horror*
            No seriously, let me know how it turns out as I do need a 2gb card rapid-style.

I could be gay lol, nah seriously i am a girl though heh heh heh

anyway, it should be delivered in a few days. I will post some photos up of it and report on actual space available etc. Although tbh I am not entirely sure how to spot a fake lol.

Comment

oh and they charge a tenner for shipping, I hate it when ebayers make up their losses by adding to the shipping.

Comment

?10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill them all.

Test out the transfer rates. If it has full capacity and transfers at full speed, then who cares if it's a fake. Unless it's not reliable and corrupts all the time like those 3rd party N64 memory packs.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  Test out the transfer rates. If it has full capacity and transfers at full speed, then who cares if it's a fake. Unless it's not reliable and corrupts all the time like those 3rd party N64 memory packs.
                  It'll likely have more capcity, but very slow transfer rates if its a fake. A double-edge sword if you will.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've bought two memory cards (1GB SD and 2GB SD) from this guy who is in the US and so the shipping is a bit high but it arrives quickly with no tax and it's always been the brand in the picture, genuine and boxed. For some reason he only has a handful on at the moment but if you need something I can vouch for his reliability.

Comment

I have an adaptor (Duo Adaptor) you can have if you need it for this weekend - pm us your details and I'll pop it in the post.

Comment

I bought one from this seller and it's authentic, not the cheapest mind, but no VAT.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZp..._packetQQhtZ-1

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoUK
                          I have an adaptor (Duo Adaptor) you can have if you need it for this weekend - pm us your details and I'll pop it in the post.
                          wow thanks alonzo your a top guy
                          and a fellow planetside player if i remember correctly

if i don't get it in time i will survive on a handful of smaller sticks i have hanging about, but thanks for your offer though

thats what i love about ntsc-uk always someone willing to help someone out

you guys pwn

Comment

There are a large number of fake sandisk memory cards (all sorts) so buyer beware. If it looks to good to be true, then most likely it is.

Fakes tend to work, but at a slower speed. Also the likelyhood of data loss is greater.

Comment

I bought a genuine 2Gb Sony Pro Duo (with an adaptor thrown in) for around ?40 including delivery (recorded and it arrived the next day). It was from an Amazon UK seller.

Comment

Working...
                              X