Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outputting RGB + SVHS simultaneously on consoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outputting RGB + SVHS simultaneously on consoles?

I'm soon going to be hooking up my xbox and PS2 to my arcade machine with RGB scart, but I'm quite curious about capturing video-footage of gameplay. It would be great for competitions and game demonstration videos. I have to use SVHS to capture on a video-capture unit, as they don't really seem to support SCART.

My question is: Does anyone know whether these cables output both RGB SCART and SVHS video at the same time, and whether there's anything similar on PS2?

Sony's own AV adapter that goes between the RGB lead and the PS2 has an SVHS and composite output on it. That should deffo work.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not sure about this. I thought the consoles output whatever signal is required depending on the cable plugged in, but not two at once.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
        Not sure about this. I thought the consoles output whatever signal is required depending on the cable plugged in, but not two at once.
        PS2 will output RGB and composite simultaneously due to GunCon use. I also use it with my projector. RGB and SVHS shouldn't be any different.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Gamecube will output compo****e on the analog output and progressive scan/VGA through the digital connector (provided your cube has one and it's a NTSC game) at the same time.

Comment

Your Tv has a "monitor" scart, meaning that if you connect the 2nd scart to another device (i.e. another TV or a VHS) It should output something else atht eh same time, its worth a shot as it might output everything.

Comment

Working...
            X